• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ttc and pcos

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM
  • 3 Replies
hey, those of you ladies who have pcos how is the sucess rate of conceiving? my dr thinks i have pcos and am just scared it will prevent me from conceiving! he says many women have this and also go on to have a couple kids! just want some postive feedback i hope! my periods are still irregular so have to get that under control first but i goin for testing this week! wish me luck!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rhyming05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I dont think I have PCOS because I dont have any thing wrong except for the irregular periods. They come every 31 to 43 days.  But I was told that I had a cyst last week. Not sure if they are consistant because I dont feel the pain all the time but in March after I have another ultrasound my dr might put me on Clomid.  After your testing see what your doctor says.  Im pretty sure you can still get pregnant, just might need some help like me.. good luck

ashleyfm
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I have pcos and I am 28 weeks. Now I also have to say it was a long hard road to get here. I took metformin to regulate my cycle and to ovulate. I also made life style changes as far as my diet. I had a surgery to remove endometriosis, cyst and clean out my tubes which resulted in a mc, but as tough as all of that sounds over 3 1/2 years I have had a healthy and happy preg so far. Do not give up hope, educate yourself. It will happen!!

I have other friends, some who have kids, and it is taking a little longer for them to get preg and it surprises me how little as women we know about our bodies. Please let me know f you have any questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisB0107
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I have PCOS. It makes concieving harder, not impossible. If you indeed have PCOS, the first thing they'll do is help regulate your cycles so that they're more reliable. It may take some trial and error drugs though. It's difficult to know what each person needs. 

Then after that they'll monitor and see if you're ovulating on your own with your induced periods. If not, then they'll intervene with more medicine. It's a process hun, I hate to say that. But at least you'll be prepared. GL to you hun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)