Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Anyone found out why you have had multiple chemical pregnancies?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi Everyone, my husband and I have a 3 year old boy and have been ttc our second for 10 months.   I have had three chemical pregnancies with the last one just being last week.  I've had my progesterone checked and it was good, so that is not my issue.  I was just wondering if anyone has found out why they have had multiple early losses?  I'm 35 and really don't want to go through a bunch of tests.  I know that 50% of the time they never find anything wrong anyway.  Just wondering if anyone has had answers or has had success after multiple chemicals.  Thanks!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:29 PM

could be a bad egg or a bad sperm...sometimes a genetic defect.

You uterine wall may be too thin.

Fibroids

mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I had a blighted ovum, and then a chemical after that before having a successful pregnancy again. I wish I had answers for you. But sometimes things happen that we can't explain. *hugs* I hope you have a sticky baby soon!

stacyevo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM
I am also 35 and have had 5 chemicals pregnancys, my dr did blood work and tested for everything but never found anything. Dh and I have been trying for almost 3 years.
brooke2211
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Thanks.  I know all of the things it could possibly be, just wondering if anyone ever found out the cause.  I know, it stinks that sometimes they just happen for no explained reason.

Sunshine.Mama
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM

after doing more research cuz my dr didnt really tell me anything specific other than just telling me i was "barely pregnant" when i lost it, i am assuming that i have had 3 chemical pregnancies in the last four months and possible having another one right now. i took three test and the line is getting lighter :( but  i do have another appt with the dr on wednesday so i will hopefully find out more then.... GL

Wantn1more
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with egg quality...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piratepixie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:37 PM

i have had 4 cemical pregnancies and my doctor could never tell me why, they though maybe it was the stress i was under at the time. i gave up getting pregnant after that, made some changes in my life and gave it time. i cant say if it helped or not but im pregnant now and so far its sticking.

brooke2211
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Thanks for the responses!

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I have read that most women will have multiple chemical pregnancies. Most don't know because they are not tracking their cycles closely.
JoeliePoelieMom
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM
This is so true! It's estimated that as many as 60% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, but most of those occur without a woman even realizing she's pregnant. Women who aren't ttc would most likely wait until they're a few days late to test, and by then it would probably appear negative. Then the bleeding is just like af so they just think they're late.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

I have read that most women will have multiple chemical pregnancies. Most don't know because they are not tracking their cycles closely.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)