• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bicornuate Uterus

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

On Jan. 2nd 2012 my husband and found out we were going to have a baby. We saw the doctor on the Thursday the 5th for a pregnancy confirm. At the appointment we got good news that we were going to have a baby. I had all of the symptoms a pregnant women should have being 6 weeks pregnant. A week later I started spotting and bleeding heavy so I contacted my doctor. I knew right then and there what was going on since I already had one miscarriage before. My doctor set up a urgent ultrasound for the next day and a appointment to see her. During the appointment my doctor began to tell me that in fact I was miscarrying and the ultrasound showed that I have a bicornuate uterus.  I was 7 weeks and 3 days when I miscarried my 2nd.

Has anyone experienced a successful pregnancy with a bicornuate uterus?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gump
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I had never heard of it before so I had to look it up to even know what you were talking about.  It sounds like a challenge but definately not something impossible!  I am very sorry for your loss and hope that with the doctors help, you will be able to conceive and carry your miracle baby!!!

mamasangel2010
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:05 AM

I had this.. I so wish you the best of luck I went on for years with a dr. that I thought new everything.lol I trusted him put it that way. anyway after 3 losses over years and no hope of ever being able to carry and NO reason why at the time I moved out of state and had to find new dr. well I went to one and no luck wanted to send me to a fert. clinic. Thankfully I'm a hairdresser so I meet lots of people. met a nurse she said I needed to see her dr. what did I have to loose he found it right away. the reason why the losses is due to there is not enough room for the baby to grow so it passes. I had surgey and he also found endo. which we didnt know anyway I have a beautiful little girl and I'm preggers again. I would deff. ask about  that. Sorry this is so long If you have any questions I will help anyway I can..

simplykelly
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I have this, and though it has complicated some things, but I have successfully brought two healthy baby boys to full term (bohth just shy of 40 weeks)

I'm so sorry for your loss, but want you to know that there is hope!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)