Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

consumed by the hope

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

My husband and I recently started trying to conceive....and well, we are consumed with the fact that it may never happen for us. I feel like we google almost every tiny symptom in hopes that we may be expecting...but aren't yet. I have had light spotting almost all month and am very worried that this is a sign of infertility. I also do not seem to have any signs of ovulation. I am only 27 but fear we may never get that positive pregnancy test.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yas1985
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww hug 4u luv. Me and hubby been ttc 4 50 months. I share ur feeling wondering if it will ever happen. Don't give up, its hard i know... How long u been ttc? Have u been 2c a docter about the problems ur facing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wanabamommy36
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel your pain. My husband and I are in to month 13 of not trying. I never thought in a million years it would be so difficult. I thought it would happen pretty quickly. It has been a very emotional journey filled with lots of disappointment. I am 36 so I know my age plays a factor. I couldn't tell you how many tests I have taken that have been negative. Not only that , but I have symptoms now during my cycles that I never had until after we started trying. If you would like to talk look me up on facebook if you have an account . Jen Miles Newcomb is my name on there. Also if you'd like to email kyjen03@hotmail.com

It would be nice to talk to someone who knows

Alittleone12
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM

We have been ttc for 6 months. I just thought it would be easier. All of my friends seem to have gone off the pill and within a month, 2 at most, they were pregnant. I just assumed I would follow suit. Emotionally it is much harder than I thought it would be. I am actually going to make a doctors appointment this week to see what this daily spotting is all about.

Have you guys ever tried ovulation sticks? I am unaware if I even ovulate as I have 0 symptoms. We had been ttc and basing it off of a calendar on my phone. This month, however, I bought ovulation sticks. Unfortunately, they either don't work...or I really am not ovulating as I never get the second line to show up. Last week (based on the calendar) I should have been ovulating, however, those little sticks did not indicate that....

yankee1215
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Im 36 too. Been trying for ever it seems like. hopefully our age doesnt have anything to do with it. Good luck everyone!

Quoting wanabamommy36:

I feel your pain. My husband and I are in to month 13 of not trying. I never thought in a million years it would be so difficult. I thought it would happen pretty quickly. It has been a very emotional journey filled with lots of disappointment. I am 36 so I know my age plays a factor. I couldn't tell you how many tests I have taken that have been negative. Not only that , but I have symptoms now during my cycles that I never had until after we started trying. If you would like to talk look me up on facebook if you have an account . Jen Miles Newcomb is my name on there. Also if you'd like to email kyjen03@hotmail.com

It would be nice to talk to someone who knows

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM

How many times a day did you test with the opk?  Many women need to test at least twice a day to get a positive.

I would suggest also charting your temps & CM.  This will also help you see when you are fertile & will actually confirm ovulation - opks only tell you that you are getting the lh surge, they don't tell you that you did ovulate.

Fertilityfriend.com and tcoyf.com are two good sites for online charting.  FF also has a good guide for getting started.  I would also recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility as it has a ton of good info about charting, getting pregnant & troubleshooting your cycle.

Alittleone12
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Thanks for the advice. I have only been using the OPK once a day...maybe I need to do more? Or are they not very accurate anyway?  I actually just started charting my temperature this past weekend. Hopefully that will help me understand my cycle a little better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)