• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sonoline B, pocket fetal doppler.. or any one like it..

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
  • 17 Replies

any of yall using at home fetal heart dopplers?? if so how often do u use them? the US tech at my drs office told me not to use mine often, but ive read that they are safe to use everyday.. i miscarried in 2010 and if i dont hear my babys heartbeat everyday i would be a nervous wreck.. specially since i cant feel her moving too much yet.. im 17 weeks, i feel little flutters here and there, but not complete fetal movement yet. so how many of u use them and how often?? and have u asked ur dr about them? 

heres the one that i use.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adjester
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM
I have that one in pink! I use it everyday but only long enough to get a good read on my babies heart rate.... I also heard that they r safe but I don't chance much.... I'm 21 weeks 2days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aimeeo0o21
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM

yeah i just put it on there so i can hear the heartbeat and hear her moving a little and then im ok.lol.. so i dont really have it on there for longer then 5 minutes a day

Quoting adjester:

I have that one in pink! I use it everyday but only long enough to get a good read on my babies heart rate.... I also heard that they r safe but I don't chance much.... I'm 21 weeks 2days

truelyred2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I got one off ebay, but couldn't use it until around 20ish weeks because I am not a size 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aimeeo0o21
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM

thats where i got mine. im no size 5 either lol. im an 18 pre pregnancy, i got mine at 12 weeks and while it was a little hard to find at first i eventually did find it lol.

Quoting truelyred2:

I got one off ebay, but couldn't use it until around 20ish weeks because I am not a size 5.

lisab930
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I got exactly the same one I used mine everyday and I will do this time around too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommylove.sl.ei
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I have a pocket one. Use it like every four days or so. But when I do listen its like two min tops. My doc is more worried about me not finding the heartbeat and freacking out. So I try not to put to much weight into finding or not finding it, but luckily I have found it every time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I used mine probably too much, but she has grown just fine with each week, she is right on track for how far along I am. I stopped using it so much when she started moving more. It was my saving grace in the 1st and part of the 2nd trimester!

Lilypie - (zBRT) 

bonnebell81
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I had one like that and heard the hb at 11 weeks, it's ok to use it every now and then. :)
LMoseley
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM
I have the exact one! I have used mine several times. I haven't used it everyday, but some days it does take me a bit to find baby.

I always worry that it isn't safe to use daily, but then you see stuff that says it is! I would think if it wasn't safe after a "certain point" there would have to be a label warning-?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aimeeo0o21
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:01 PM

yeah once i start feeling her move more ill prolly use it way less. i just need that piece of mind ya know. lol

Quoting mommymary6507:

I used mine probably too much, but she has grown just fine with each week, she is right on track for how far along I am. I stopped using it so much when she started moving more. It was my saving grace in the 1st and part of the 2nd trimester!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)