Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sonohystogram (SHG/SIS)

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone had this test done? The purpose of it is to assure that the inside od the uterus (uterine cavity) is of normal size and shapeand theres no abnormalities!

I've heard that a couple people have done this and its like flushing out your tubes and then they get pregnant? Do you know anyone with any such luck??

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
McDonaldlnc
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM
I didn't end up having it did before IVF but it does go through your tubes and tests for any blockage. Its not a comfortable procedure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Did your doctor tell you that it was uncomfortable? She didn't tell me but the prep sheet says take mortin before coming, nothing else tho...

Quoting McDonaldlnc:

I didn't end up having it did before IVF but it does go through your tubes and tests for any blockage. Its not a comfortable procedure.

McDonaldlnc
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I've actually done it on people in school and had a friend do it as well. But it is less uncomfortable than the iodine HSG test which is good!

Quoting jb0520:

Did your doctor tell you that it was uncomfortable? She didn't tell me but the prep sheet says take mortin before coming, nothing else tho...

Quoting McDonaldlnc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)