Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anyone here that is against all Fertility Drugs/Medications/Treatments

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am not sure how I feel about Fertility Treatments. But I just thought I would share a little something with you.

Since I can remember my cousin ALWAYS wanted to be a Mom. Even when we were little kids, and would play 'house'... she always had to be the Mom!

She was married at the age of 21. And at the age of 23 her and her husband decided to drop all Birth Control and decided to just let it happen. After two years, they decided to actually start trying. After a few visits to the doctor, she was told that she had a serious Thyroid Problem. She was offered to try numerous fertility treatments, but turned them down. She was highly against any drugs or medication, and felt that it was in God's hands whether she would be a Mother one day. For years, she took good care of her body, and strived to eat healthy meals, all while TTC.

I am so happy!!!,,,,after waiting a total of 7 years, her and her husband welcomed their baby girl, Maddisson, April of 2011!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sekenvpip
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

That is a great story!! I hear that all the time where the couple stops trying and then end up pregnant on their own ...... I love hearing those kinds of stories

I myself don't take any medications whatsoever not even vitamins ...... I guess you can say I'm kind of a medication phobe so I also feel the same way your cousin does about it

I'm just taking better care of myself ...... Eating better and getting more exercise and just playing everything by ear =)

SatyrsMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Well 2 each there own when the dr says im giving u clomid im taking it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gump
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM

For me, at 35, I don't have the time to just sit back and wait.  Not only is my age a factor, but I only O 2 or 3 times a year.  I have to use Clomid to make me O each month for me to even have a chance, which I am currently not using because my tubes are both blocked.  However, in order to unblock my tubes I am using natural treatments, so I guess that it would be considered meds, but they dont have the crazy side effects that I get from like the Clomid for example. 

I guess the way that I see it, is that God gave me this desire to have a baby and he also gave me extreme determination to do what I can.  I could sit back and if I am blessed with a baby then great, but what if God wants to see if I am persistant enough to clear up my tubal blockages as a test of something.  So, I don't know.  I have been thru IVF, a TR, hsg's, laparoscopic surgeries and multiple other fertility related treatments/tests.  Prior to making decisions on each, my DH and I pray that God leads us where we need to go.  We haven't yet been led in the direction to step back and let nature happen as it will, so I say keep on trucking. 

rhyming05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I dont really agree with it either. But because Im only 24 and might have cysts and not O like I should, I might have to.  I concieved my son at age 19 with no problems and I wasnt trying! I do believe if you dont try it will happen. But because of my husbands age as well , I might try the treatment.  If it doesnt work after the 6 cycles, then I will give up.  I agree that it should be left in God's hands, but for some women who cant , it is a good option.  To each their own though. Good for them!  That is a very nice thing :)

Oregongirl40
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM

yea well it doesn't always work out. DH and I were Married in 1991 never used birth control and on our 19th wedding anniversary and 40 years of age we figured we better try treatments if we are ever going to have a shot at having a baby. I went years and years with no period and not ovulating with that same attitude (it's in gods hands) to finally getting Fertility treatments which has resulted in 3 pregnancies in 11 months. I'm so happy it worked for your cousin but some of us don't have 7-10 yrs or face other medical issue that require intervention. If it's there utilize it. You don't want to end up like me married for 20 yrs, 41 yrs old,  no bio children and eggs that are pretty much no good anymore. Life with regret. Congrats again on your new baby cousin,no matter how she got her she is a blessing! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)