• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where should I start?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

My fiance and I want to have a baby. We have been togethe for years and I have never gotten pregnant. We have done nothing to prevent it either. I have started to pay more attention to my ovulation cycles, although I am planning on buying a test soon, so I can hopefully get more accurate results, but I wanted to see if anyone had some good advice for me...Are there any all natural fertility resources?

*I have one tube and one ovary due to a tumor I had when I was 15...I was told this would not effect my fertility...Does anyone else have a similar situation?

Thanks Ladies!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gump
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:39 PM

If you have not been preventing for years then I would suggest seeing a doctor for some standard fertility related blood work. You might also want to look at http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ I chart all my temps and signs on there and it is very useful while TTC. Having only one tube/ovary can have a bit of an effect on getting pregnant only because you might not be Oing every month due to one ovary. But I would say that it doesnt lessen your fertility, only your # of chances each year. Charting would help you in knowing if you are Oing. And a doctor could also give you meds like Clomid that would allow you to offer each month from that one ovary that you have and improve your chances! Good luck to you!!!

NLDeLeon11
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Thanks so much! Ill def check out the site :)

SatyrsMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea go talk 2 a DR and yea it will effect it bc u r only Oing evry other month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XOXOXO30
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My brothers wife has only one overy as well. They told them they couldnt have kids. and shes got 2 from b4 she had the other removed. I guess they were like ok. and just kept doing what they were normally doing. I swear not long after that she got prego. and they have had 3 kids together now. And she got prego round the same time of year probably like every 2 years!!! and she got her tube tied or whatever they do with just one. Cuz, they were done. So, it can happen!!

NLDeLeon11
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM

That is so encouraging! I was talking to a women today that said her and her husband had been trying for 6 months, and she finally "gave up". She took a test anyway..threw it away because the line didnt come up in 2 minutes...read the directions again a little later, and realized the test took 5 minutes to finish. When she went back the test said positive! haha ....Ill keep my fingers crossed X :) 

jrobertson20
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry I don't have a similar situation but just wanted to say good luck with TTC.  I would try OPK's.  They help let you know when you are ovulating so you know the best time to BD.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)