Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vitex herb & evening primrose oil !!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 38 Replies
Im cd1 & I cannot wait to start isin these I pray, hope & wish this works within the nxt two cycles. I kno they say tht vitex takes a few weeks to do the do but I took maca last cycle for like my last two weeks, jus to get it in my system & it already help minimize my pms dramatically! Then I discovered vitex and decided to switch lol. Im only 21 I dnt think I have a ttc issue I jus wanna speed up the process! Lol gl to us all baby dust. Maybe we can get as many bfps in feb as we did in jan!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhyming05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

is vitex safe to take if you get pregnant and dont know it?

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM

The bottle says to not take it if you are pregnant.  My naturopath said it would be ok if you are pregnant & taking it since it just helps level out your hormones - but you shouldn't need it anymore if you are pregnant.

wishfulthink727
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Agree w ^^ bottle says do not take if preg so u shud test first gl!!

Quoting rhyming05:

is vitex safe to take if you get pregnant and dont know it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM
epo u can take now till u o.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhyming05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I read that every dosage is different. So if I took it, does it matter how much I take?  Or maybe I should just ask my Dr?

Quoting GwenMB:

The bottle says to not take it if you are pregnant.  My naturopath said it would be ok if you are pregnant & taking it since it just helps level out your hormones - but you shouldn't need it anymore if you are pregnant.

Tinabee88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Epo capsules work fast. You should notice more cervical mucus within a day or two. Vitex works just give it two to three weeks. It made me spot, but i don't have periods at all. Both pills got things moving for me and i have PCOS and I'm 23.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhyming05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

EPO the same as vitex?  how much is taken?

Quoting Tinabee88:

Epo capsules work fast. You should notice more cervical mucus with a day or two. Vitex works, give it two to three weeks. It made me spot, but i don't have periods at all ever so it did work, somewhat. Both pills got things moving for me and i have PCOS.

Tinabee88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Epo is evening primrose oil. It comes in pill form and is different from Vitex. Epo helps increase your cervical mucus so that when you ovulate you have tons of EWCM to help the sperm meet your egg. Vitex helps te make you bleed and ovulate.

Quoting rhyming05:

EPO the same as vitex?  how much is taken?

Quoting Tinabee88:

Epo capsules work fast. You should notice more cervical mucus with a day or two. Vitex works, give it two to three weeks. It made me spot, but i don't have periods at all ever so it did work, somewhat. Both pills got things moving for me and i have PCOS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishfulthink727
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Thanks for telling me im gonna start taking it tmmrw!

Quoting MrsParsons11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)