Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question...any advice?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • 4 Replies

So I have always had irregular cycles. However the past 4 months they were like clock work almost to the day. AF should have showed 2/1 and has not yet. I am also not experiencing any signs that she is coming. I took my last hpt and got a bfn on 2/5. I was wondering if and when I should test again and when I should just sum it up as my cycle returning to abnormal. I am also needing to lose a significant amount of weight and have lost 21 lbs since Christmas and also switched to third shift in early Jan. so there have been some changes in my life recently. Any help would be great.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sekenvpip
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I'd wait till the weekend and test again

Owner of: TTC REAL TIME CHAT GROUP!!!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/ttcrealtimechat
GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Losing weight should help your cycles get regular, so I wouldn't think that's causing a problem for you.

Are you doing anything to chart your cycles or see when you are ovulating?

I'd probably call your doc if you don't get either a BFP of AF soon - even today would be reasonable.  They could do a blood test & other tests to see why your cycles are irregular.

mrswilson10
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I was going to start charting and using opks after AF this month. Maybe I just stressed about that and it caused things to get out of whack?

ayla91
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM

stress and the new lifestyle could be throwing you off. I would give it a week and see what happens. If nothing changes call your doctor. BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)