Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies, I need your advice please

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 11 Replies

As some of you know, my DH and I have been ttc for a year now. I've had trouble with my cycles. I've decided to try something new. I bought evening primrose oil, chasteberry, red raspberry tea, a basal thermometer and more opks. I'm not exactly sure how to use the E.P.R.O., the chasteberry or the raspberry tea so if any of you ladies could give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I'm on CD1 so I'm looking at this as a new start. Trying to stay positive. You ladies are wonderful!!

Thank you all smile mini

baby dust

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

What form of chasteberry did you get?  Is it a pill?  If so, I'd just follow the instructions on the bottle.

Fertilityfriend.com and tcoyf.com are good sites for charting your temps.  FF has a good guide to get you started.

kellar2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM

the chasteberry is a pill but it says to take 1-3 a day. so I guess I should take only one. and I already started to chart on FF.

Quoting GwenMB:

What form of chasteberry did you get?  Is it a pill?  If so, I'd just follow the instructions on the bottle.

Fertilityfriend.com and tcoyf.com are good sites for charting your temps.  FF has a good guide to get you started.

kellar2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM

do you know when would be a good time to start using them? I just got AF today so should I wait till she's gone?

Quoting GwenMB:

GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM

You can start today.  I take it every day.

What is the doseage in one pill?

Quoting kellar2:

do you know when would be a good time to start using them? I just got AF today so should I wait till she's gone?

Quoting GwenMB:

PrOuDmAmAoF2g1b
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I take is the evening primrose oil along with a prenatal - both 1 a day :) I've heard EPO helps with your CM (especially while on Clomid)

kellar2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM

the chasteberry is 200mg and the EPO is 1300mg. I also take Vitafusion prenatals.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting kellar2:

Quoting GwenMB:

GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I think you are good to start with one pill of the chasteberry a day.  You could bump it up after a few months if your cycle still doesn't seem regular.

I don't have any experience with the EPO so I don't know how its taken.

Quoting kellar2:

the chasteberry is 200mg and the EPO is 1300mg. I also take Vitafusion prenatals.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting kellar2:

Quoting GwenMB:

kellar2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

how many mgs is you EPO?

Quoting PrOuDmAmAoF2g1b:

I take is the evening primrose oil along with a prenatal - both 1 a day :) I've heard EPO helps with your CM (especially while on Clomid)

PrOuDmAmAoF2g1b
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM

It says 1000mg - I got mine at WalMart, its Spring Valley brand 75ct

Quoting kellar2:

how many mgs is you EPO?

Quoting PrOuDmAmAoF2g1b:

kellar2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM

well, now I know I can get them at Walmart lol!! I went to the Vitamin Shoppe because I wasn't sure if they would be hard to find. I'm glad I did though because the lady there was very helpful and she suggested the chasteberry to me. 

Quoting PrOuDmAmAoF2g1b:

It says 1000mg - I got mine at WalMart, its Spring Valley brand 75ct

Quoting kellar2:

how many mgs is you EPO?

Quoting PrOuDmAmAoF2g1b:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)