Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pcos and metformin

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hello beautiful ladies!

I have pcos and have been trying to get pregnant for 8 months andy doctor just put me on metformin. I was just wondering if anyone had any pcos metformin success stories to share with me? Thanks!
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mollykl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
And my*
Silly phone!
jessv55
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been on it for the past 4 months and haven't gotten pregnant yet.  I was on bc fo 4 years so the doctor told me it would take time.

Wantn1more
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Metformin is a diabetes medication in that it can help the ovaries better utilize glucose. Many people forget that PCOS is a hormonal (endocrine) malfunction and not not a disorder of the reproductive system. I take it for diabetes... Hopefully it'll work for you. Be forwarned to start it gradually and always take it with food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaitlinC87
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have PCOS and have been on Metformin for about 9 months now. I have lost 43lbs but still no baby :( Good luck to you though! It does work for some ladies!

lilianasmom1116
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I used it with clomud too but i lost 50lbs and was able to conceive :) good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mollykl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Thats wonderful about your weight loss! I'm hoping it helps me to lose some weight too! I'm sorry theres no baby yet...hopefully soon!

Quoting KaitlinC87:

I have PCOS and have been on Metformin for about 9 months now. I have lost 43lbs but still no baby :( Good luck to you though! It does work for some ladies!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mollykl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM
That's wonderful! How long were you on it before you conceived?

Quoting lilianasmom1116:

I used it with clomud too but i lost 50lbs and was able to conceive :) good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissydan
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM
I started met in June of 2011 i started on a weight loss journey during that i was also on birth control well i decided to go off birth control in Dec and i got pregnant so yes it dose work i used a fertility monitor also ovulation tests and soft cups worked first try
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilianasmom1116
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Once i added the metformin it was probably 5-6 months ish. I had been on clomid for a while before that tho too.

Quoting Mollykl:

That's wonderful! How long were you on it before you conceived?

Quoting lilianasmom1116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mollykl
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)