Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a very important LH question. PLEASE answer based on your experience! Help!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
  • 7 Replies
I started my first ever OPK today (trying for 2.5 years, regular cycles, so didn't know I could be not ovulating.)

Anyway, I am on cd 15, have been taking the test for 5 days and will continue to do so until AF arrives.

My question is--I have NO other line. Not even a HINT of a line, except the control line. Isn't there supposed to be another line, but the test is only + when the control line and LH line match?

I'm starting to think I have NO LH, which, given my condition and symptoms, makes sense...but...that's going to be a bitch to fix, isn't it?

Help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Apollos82
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM

When are you testing?  With first morning urine?

I would first try testing later in the day as it takes a little time for the lh to build up.  Its not there first thing like the hcg would be when we're testing for pregnancy.

Hold your pee for as long as you can (3-4 hours being ideal).  Don't drink much, either, as you don't want to dilute your urine.  If you still don't see a test line at all, not even a faint one, I would call your doctor.  I do think there should always be a faint line at least, although I could be wrong there.

You might also try using a different brand.  Sometimes some brands don't work for some women.

You should also be testing several times a day, esp as you get closer to getting the positive, to make sure you don't miss it.

kilahchaos
by Kilah on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM

no, some people just ovulate later in their cycle. some people dont get a second line untill later on. there is an opk gallery in countdowntopregnancy.com, another ttc website. it may give you comfort to look. some women have faint lines, some dont have any at all till o day. hope this helps!

Apollos82
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I test twice a day, but I drink a LOT of water, so that may be it...I'll have to cut back a little.

My husband and I have a fairly active sex life, no matter if we're TTC or not, so I'm in now way worried about missing it. I just don't think it's happening. :(

Thanks for the advice! I will take it in to account.

Quoting GwenMB:

When are you testing?  With first morning urine?

I would first try testing later in the day as it takes a little time for the lh to build up.  Its not there first thing like the hcg would be when we're testing for pregnancy.

Hold your pee for as long as you can (3-4 hours being ideal).  Don't drink much, either, as you don't want to dilute your urine.  If you still don't see a test line at all, not even a faint one, I would call your doctor.  I do think there should always be a faint line at least, although I could be wrong there.

You might also try using a different brand.  Sometimes some brands don't work for some women.

You should also be testing several times a day, esp as you get closer to getting the positive, to make sure you don't miss it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Thank you! I'll check it out. :)

Quoting kilahchaos:

no, some people just ovulate later in their cycle. some people dont get a second line untill later on. there is an opk gallery in countdowntopregnancy.com, another ttc website. it may give you comfort to look. some women have faint lines, some dont have any at all till o day. hope this helps!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twolilgirls712
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM
This is my first time using opks too im on cd 16 and started taking them on cd 8 I was getting pretty dark lines but not as dark as the control line then they started getting really faint ones and a few with no test line at all so I have no clue if I even ovualted or not lol its confusing I have not had no ewcm so I dont think I have yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashlienicole72
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I got my one and only positive at midnight on cd 14 so it does vary on woman
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)