• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a contraction or belly button pain? PLEASE HELP! PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm so confused right now and google is absolutely no help. Last night I started having pains that would start at the top of my uterus and work their way down towards my groin and into my back, some of them also radiate pain into my hips and inner thighs.

I'm pretty sure this is a contraction, but I also read that belly button pain could cause the same kinds of sensations from the muscles seperating.

When I'm having this pain it hurts for anything to be touching my belly including my shirt. I keep hoping the pains are just stretching or something like that.

I have nifedipine to stop contractions once they start, but last night it didn't touch even the ones I was sure were contractions. I drank a bottle of gatorade in hopes that I was maybe dehydrated, but I'm guessing that was not the case.

I plan to call my doctor, but he is not in the office til 9:30 and its 8:54 so til then I'm asking you ladies. Thanks for any help you can give.

I'm 26 weeks today, BTW.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM

BUMP!

peant06070912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM

BUMP!

Mamasomedaysoon
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

bump

kiddo0820
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sbarg
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I would call your doc. Better safe than sorry. I hope you did already. I delivered a baby at 25 weeks. Contractions don't feel the same at 26 weeks  as they do at term. I got to the hospital and was already dilated to 8cm. Fortunately my dd was ok.But after 4 months in the hospital.  She is now 14

peant06070912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
STill have no idea what is going on, I've been in labor and delivery for the last 4 hours, and no idea what the plan is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelli1973124
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

good luck with everything...praying for u...talk to dr asap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)