Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've started crying a lot because im not getting pregnant...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi i'm new to this I'm Lisa i am 23 years old and have been on the pill since age 16, i came of it last October (5 months now) before my Honeymoon hoping that something would happen due to the Caribbean magic and all but nothing each month i was hoping that my period wouldn't come and i cried every time it did, but the worse thing is that some of my friends including one being 35 had irregular periods her whole life been on the pill a lot longer then me obviously and soon as she started trying for a baby 3 weeks later she fell straight away, another friend 31 been on the pill came of it before her wedding last may a few months later boom she's pregnant and she's really thin also, another friend 30 been on the pill again boom pregnant and now I've just found out another friend 30 is pregnant just after a few months and my best friend who is my age 23 just found out she's 12 months pregnant i get so annoyed and frustrated and when my partner isn't home i cry so much to myself and for so long because it is not fair i feel useless i want a baby so much more than anything and it does not seem to be happening. I work nights and my husband works 8-5 then does 3 hours a night somewhere else 8-11 4 nights a week and i work four nights a week 10-4 and we only really have sex at the weekends so I'm thinking that could be it? Or my mum didn't have periods when she was younger so she went on fertility drugs to have periods and get pregnant to have me and my siblings and her brother struggled for a while and my dads sister struggled for a while but they all have kids now should i go to doctors, but the fact is since 12 years of age Ive had a period every month since up till now and have had plenty of common blood tests so surely they would have detected something, I'm so confused and annoyed whilst everyone around me falls pregnant easily and straight away and i don't, please help.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
haydensmom4610
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

*Hugs* Are you tracking your ovulation cycles? If you aren't having sex on the right days, that could be a problem.

Eliza04
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Just on the weekends probably doesn't help as you would have to be very luck that you ovulate on the weekend ,right before, or right after kind of thing. Are you temp or charting? When it come to fertility regular blood test won't show a thing, they are only going to look at what they are testng for. You can go to the doctor and ask about being test for fertility, but would suggest first charting and temping for a couple months as will give the doctor a really good idea on whats happening and what could go wrong

twolilgirls712
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Im sorry your feeling so down:( I really dont have any advice other then to track your cm and cycles to see when your ovulating. Try the website count down to pregnancy its great and really helpful to keep track ..good luck to u:) and lots of baby dust!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Well id suggest that maybe you start temping and charting. It will help with getting to know your body and will tell you if and when you are ovulation. Having sex on just the weekends could def have a lot to do with it. Having sex every other day or even every two days will help to cover ground. Maybe have some morning sex, their swimmers are stronger in the morning. Hope this helps a bit. GL! =)

Gunn007
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Hiya i've thought about it getting the ovulation tests from boots but i dont want it to be even more stressful but i think im going to try it anyway because i know every woman's ovulation period is different and it's not even the same every month for a fact so am gonna get some this weekend, im due on my period soon not sure when though to be honest, was meant to have a period on new years eve but was like 2 weeks late and then had one so not really sure as to when i'm due on again lol. Thanks for replying.

Gunn007
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

i know were going to start 'doing it' more often going to think of some sort of schedule to have it more during the week and at weekends to increase the chances, combined with the ovulation tests hopefully something should happen soon.

Wantn1more
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Don't schedule sex... A normal healthy sex life should be more than adequate to conceive. Can you work in some morning or afternoon nookie? Also, its perfectly normal for it to take a year for a healthy couple to conceive. Don't be concerned until then, even if its frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)