Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about temping

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

I plan to temp when my DH gets up for work but some weeks he gets up at 4am and others he gets up at 5am. Will it make a difference if I temp one week at 4 and anotyher at 5? I hate to temp at 4am if he's not getting up that early.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ShyJess
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM
In general, if your temp will go up one tenth of a degree for every half hour you temp later than your usual time. It will generally go down one tenth of a degree for every half hour earlier than your usual time. So it will make a difference, and it might be hard if it doesn't turn out to be exactly that ratio for you. But maybe you can account for that and work around it? Not sure... BUMP! :)
MrsC2011
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

It depends on you, everyone is different. I could temp at 7 or 10 and my temps were pretty stable...it mattered more that I had solid sleep before temping. If you do it at different times, don't try to adjust it yourself. FF doesn't recommend adjusting temps due to time differences, since the adjustment would be different for everyone.

wannababy01
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I"m with Mrs C211 I don't see too much of a difference if I wake up half and hour earlier or later. What I do is that no matter what I have my clock and thermometer in my bed with me I set it for the same time every night take my temp write it down and I go back to sleep if I don't have to work that day. I don't do the temp adjustment either I do the FF so I just let it decide what to do with my temp that day. Usually it hasn't really affected my chart at all.

kellar2
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM

thank you ladies :) I am using FF so I'll see how that turns out. It probably won't be affected too much since waking up at 4am is only when he's on overtime which isn't a regular thing.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM

GIve it a try & adjust the 4 a.m. temps if you see your chart being hard to read with those temps included.

BabyDust77
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Whenymybaby.com has a bbt temp adjuster for when u temp at a diff time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)