Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ovulation...opk ?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

Is it possible to have all the symptoms of ovulation and not really ovulate?  I have been taking tests and none have came up positive, and I have been charting and it has not detected ovulation yet either.  So, I have taken 3 tests today and the last one I took was lighter than the ones I took yesterday....should I be concerned or should I just keep waiting to see if I ovulate...today is only day 13?  Or would it only get lighter when it goes away....sigh I am so confused and frustrated already...lol 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Liz0205
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I'm sorry you're frustrated. I know your pain! I personally couldn't really tell with the lines. I switched to the ones with the smiley face and while it's unfortunately pretty expensive, it takes some of the stress away and actually relieved me because like you, I wasn't sure I was ovulating. Also, just because it's day 13, doesn't mean that you're going to ovulate on the 14th day. I've ovulated early and late according to my opk. A lot of women recommend the egg white cervial mucus (EWCM) method, but mine isn't always that detectable. And I don't temp. So I found it a lot easier altogether to get the opk with the smiley's. Best of luck to you!

raley
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I temp and that has been the only way for me tell if I have ovulated or not.  I don't have a lot of the other signs that people have gotten so that is really my only way.  The OPKs really haven't worked for me because I am irregular.  GL!

wannababy01
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I actually do all three.. I do the OPK and the CM and CP and the temps... since I am irregular I find it that is the only way that i know for sure when I O.. a positive OPK only tells you that your about to O you can actually O 2 days later the only way to know for sure that you o is when you see the temp shift. your temps are always higher after O.  I would sudgest just keep BD every other day so at least you don't miss it. until you see a clear temp shift change.  and like Liz said you don't always ovulate at the same time every month. Your body could have tried to O but for any reason it didn't so don't get too concern it happens to all of us at one point.  and if this is your first time using that brand of OPK keep them for comparing for the following month. I have found that it helps me differ from a positive OPK and a negative one. hope you catch that eggie!!!

MrsC2011
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Don't worry! It's totally normaly to have flucuating LH levels throughout your cycles. That means you could have an almost positive one day and barely any line the next day...and a positive the next day. Also possible to get a + without ovulation, since you can have an LH surge and not ovulate. But at CD13, I'd keep going. The first month I used OPKs I didnt O until CD19.

jmerussgirl
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Thanks ladies.  I guess I am just so anxious...this is almost as bad as the two week wait.  I think I am driving my husband crazy with it all..lol  I have been temping, using the test so hopefully it happens soon. :/ 

nangel4u
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM
This cycle I didn't o'ed until cd19 and I would keep testing it may take awhile. GL!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)