Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Avoiding a December baby?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
  • 26 Replies

Anyone else taking time off in March to avoid a Christmas baby?  We are for several reasons:  my birthday is 12/13, my brother's is 12/24 my SIL is 1/3, we often fly cross country in December, we'll be able to have more funds for birthdays in other months.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShyJess
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Hmm, good thinking! Of course, depending on where you live (i.e. New England, like me), winter in general would be a really difficult time to have a baby. And the summer would be really hot to be in the final stages of pregnancy... Basically, no time is really perfect, so maybe I'll just try to not think about it too much and trust God to do the right thing. I'd probably mess it up anyway!
lilyasmommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I already have a dec. 2 baby, and we have discussed taking next mth off, but we're not..We finally got some hope so neither of us wants to break.

JennM81
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM
4 moms liked this
I want a baby bad so I don't care when the bday is. I just want to hold a new little person. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
I'd be happy with a winter baby. I have one in September, one in july and one in October. My sister has April, October, 2 in June. It'd be nice to have one in December. Plus, my birthday is in December :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I came close. My daughter was born in november. After my first pregnancy I would like to try and keep away from a baby being born that far into winter. i know I can't completely avoid the chances but I would like to. I'm also in New england so I was nervous about all the colds being around my newborn. I'm hoping for a summer baby next time around.

becs0808
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I understand why you would want to take off March as well. We have been ttc #1 for three years with a loss in november so we are just getting back on the ttc train so we dont care when our baby is born just that it is! :D

xxBiteMExx
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM
I want a March baby so bad lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wantn1more
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I figure if its meant to happen it will!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Ill take a baby any month of the year. Im not picky. Lol =)

Savanna86
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:48 AM
I already have a dec. 22nd baby and a Jan.13 the baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)