• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wacky temp?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I'm still on my first month of charting, and so far everything has been working like clockwork.  I'm currently 8dpo, but all of the sudden I had a temp drop today!  Yesterday was 98.2, today was 97.6!  There was nothing out of the ordinary that would cause the temp drop, and it had been holding steady before that.  It's still a tenth of a degree above my coverline though.

So I'm thinking three scenarios:

1) A weird fluke.
2) I have a short luteal phase, which I'm just now going to learn since I just started temping.
3) I heard something about a temp drop around the time of implantation...

Thoughts?  On the implantation thing, does that happen when implantation actually occurs, or does it just happen around the time that implantation would occur each month but doesn't actually mean anything?

confused

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ShyJess
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Bump? :)
EAzizM
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:29 AM

It could be an implantations dip! GL! =)

<<<<  CLICK ME to join us!

BabyDust77
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:45 AM
It could be anything. The only way to know for sure is to test n 2 or 3 days. I try not to read too much into my dips n temp. They get my hopes up. Ive had charts with them and not be preg, but ive had two charts with dips at 9 dpo and be preg. I mc both though. G luck
GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM
It could be either scenario. Don't read too much into any one temp, it's the overall pattern that matters. If your temp goes back up today, that's good. If it stayed down, that's more of a cause for concern.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:03 AM

BUMP!

ShyJess
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Thanks everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)