• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HI

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  • 3 Replies

I i am new to this group!!!  I am Amber and i am 24 will be 25!! I have 2 adorable children and will be TTC our 3rd in the next few months!   I have read every old wives tale known to man trying to figure out how to up my chances of having a boy!! I knwo that we will be happy no matter what we have but my husband wouls really like to have a boy of his own to carry on his family name!   I went back ont he pill after haivng my daughter and it had completly messed up my periods which has made tracking anything about impossible!   So i am hoping that by joining this group i can figure out how to track my ovulation and AF and figure out when will be the best time to TTC!  I have stopped taking the pill but i continued to have AF for about a week after that and then it just stopped!  Now i am waiting to see when she wil return! So any advice or help on what to do to figure all this out would be greatly appreciated!   Thanks    

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jrobertson20
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Welcome.  DH and I are currently TTC #2.  DH also would like a boy this time because he is the last male in his family to carry on the name.  But either way we will be overjoyed with whatever sex the baby is, as long as it's healthy.  I would just start by at least marking down when you periods stop and start.  How long ago did you stop taking the pill?  It will take a little bit for it to get completely out of your system and for your hormones to straighten back out.  A lot of people on this site like to do basal body temping which I do not do so I can't give you any info on that but there are many people here who are really good at explaining that.  What I do are OPK's.  I used them with DD and got pregnant that month because I knew around the time I was to ovulate.  I just started using them this cycle and actually just got my positive on Monday so we will see if it worked as well this time as it did last time.  I was always told to just BD every other day starting when AF ends.  Then when you get a positive OPK BD 3 nights in a row then skip a night and BD at least once more.  Also just watching your CM can help as it gets egg white looking around ovulation.  Good luck on your journey!!!!

MrsPancake
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Quoting jrobertson20:

Welcome.  DH and I are currently TTC #2.  DH also would like a boy this time because he is the last male in his family to carry on the name.  But either way we will be overjoyed with whatever sex the baby is, as long as it's healthy.  I would just start by at least marking down when you periods stop and start.  How long ago did you stop taking the pill?  It will take a little bit for it to get completely out of your system and for your hormones to straighten back out.  A lot of people on this site like to do basal body temping which I do not do so I can't give you any info on that but there are many people here who are really good at explaining that.  What I do are OPK's.  I used them with DD and got pregnant that month because I knew around the time I was to ovulate.  I just started using them this cycle and actually just got my positive on Monday so we will see if it worked as well this time as it did last time.  I was always told to just BD every other day starting when AF ends.  Then when you get a positive OPK BD 3 nights in a row then skip a night and BD at least once more.  Also just watching your CM can help as it gets egg white looking around ovulation.  Good luck on your journey!!!!

I know a lot of the short hand lingo here but what is a OPK or BD or CM?  I have no idea what a Basal body temp is! lol...  I just came off the pill last month!  since i came off the pill in the 2 weeks i have been off it i have lost 4 pounds!  I knew that it was the reason why i didnt lose anymore weight after i went on it!   I am hoping to get back into shape before TTC again!    thank you for the advice i am planing on marking down when i start again and when i stop and all that... 

jrobertson20
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM

CM is cervial mucus, BD is baby dancing, and OPK is ovulation predictor kits.  Sorry I am just so used to typing that.  All I really know about basal body temping is that it's just taking your temperature (there's a special thermometer that they sell) first thing in the am before you even move.  Before you ovulate your temp. is supposed to drop and then the next day, I believe after ovulation, your temp. will spike up.  And then, if I'm right, it will drop again when your period is due or stay up if you are pregnant.  I think.  But if that's something your interested in there are a lot of girls on here that do it.  I know what you mean about the birth control.  I gained like 65 lbs when I was on it before DD.  It was horrible and impossible to lose.  They switched me to a lower dose pill and I was able to lose the weight but then gained it all back plus some , gained 75 lbs, with DD!!!!  I lost about 55 lbs of that some I'm getting there!!! 

Quoting MrsPancake:

Quoting jrobertson20:

I know a lot of the short hand lingo here but what is a OPK or BD or CM?  I have no idea what a Basal body temp is! lol...  I just came off the pill last month!  since i came off the pill in the 2 weeks i have been off it i have lost 4 pounds!  I knew that it was the reason why i didnt lose anymore weight after i went on it!   I am hoping to get back into shape before TTC again!    thank you for the advice i am planing on marking down when i start again and when i stop and all that... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)