Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CONCERNED???

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have a issue that is really bothering me!! I take provera 10 mg and i have been taking it for 3 months well i took my 1st pill for this months cycle last night about 8 well i have to take the next one within the hour but i started bleeding about an hour ago!! What could this be!! It usually takes provera to give me a period! And it usually takes about 10 days after my 1st pill is took for me to have my period!! Any suggestions on why or should i be concerned!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmerussgirl
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I think that provera makes you start a cycle and stop a cycle as well.  I had to take it to stop my period but I read people have to take it to start...it worked the first day for me.  Did you google it?  If you are really worried I would call your doctor.

lilmama8687
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Well i have to take it so i can have a period and im suppose to start clomid after 3 days being on my cycle and i have only took one pill of provera and i was so worried i could be pregnet and i just took that pill last night!! I was wanting to know what everyone opinion was about it!! Im calling my doctor 1st thing in the morning cause usually i dont have a period for 10 days after my first pill!! So it about a week and a couple of days early!! For the past 3 months its like clock work 3 days after my last pill of provera! So had me really worried!! Before i started provera i hadnt had a period in 2 years due to depo!!!

Mikeybsmom2006
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM
provera can not effect a pregnancy. I would just talk to ur dr. Before diagnosed with pcos my dr. Thought 3 months of provera would get my period on track, maybe it did it for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8687
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Thanks I was really worried about it! Im def calling him in the morning! Im going to take a preg test first thing in the morning!! Do u think i caould still be pregnet even though im spotting or since im spottin and cramping some its prob just my period coming?? I want a baby so bad its like im trying to hard!! I have been trying not stress so much i was thinking that could be another reason im spottin too!! Idk i guess i wont really know till i do a test and talk to my doc!!!

dababiesdreams
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Sorry hun I don't know that drug but I wanted to say good luck and I hope it works the way you want it too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8687
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Thanks!! From what its looking like i need alot of luck & prayers!!

mbittles1384
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM

did you take clomid prior to this month, cuz i had to take provera before to start my period, but once i started the clomid. my periods came every 27 days with out the use of provera. cuz the clomid made my period on a regular cycle it self.

vcaulkins
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM

That's cool to know the Clomid made your cycle regular

Quoting mbittles1384:

did you take clomid prior to this month, cuz i had to take provera before to start my period, but once i started the clomid. my periods came every 27 days with out the use of provera. cuz the clomid made my period on a regular cycle it self.

lilmama8687
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I start clomid this month!! I start it on day 5 of my cycle! I called doc today about my issues he has me coming in tomorrow to see whats going on!! I hope i can get off provera and my cycles come on their on!!! I completly stop takin metformin! I have only been taking provera!! So from my understanding i take the clomid on day 5 of my cycle not while im on provera right???

mbittles1384
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Yes of ur cycle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)