Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vitex

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 4 Replies
I dicided to write this review to warn anyone that is taking vitex or planning to take it. After reading many positive reviews I decided to try vitex out and found a horrible side effect from it... After 3 weeks I had to stop taking it I was having nightmares all the time and suicidal thoughts. I then read some reviews on it on amazon. A bunch of people had depression and suicidal thoughts as well . I don't recommend this product to anyone that suffers from anxiety or depression...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommy_279
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gooberzilla
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Thanks for that information!  I have taken it with no side effects, but everyone is different.  It is so important to do the research and know what you are putting into your body. 

Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM
I'm sorry you had bad side effects I have been on vitex for two months now. I like it it has worked well with no side effects for me.

Sorry you had a bad experience. this herb has helped a lot of people regulate their cycles and I think you may scare some women who are looking for a natural remedies before jumping to clomid.

More importantly I'm sorry your experience was so bad, those are scary symptoms! I hope you see your BFP soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinabee88
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:16 AM
It's not FDA regulated so people need to be extremely careful with the herbal supplements they take because you can react bad. I took vitex and it raised my blood pressure and made my feet swell with water so i stopped it after 3 weeks. It's dangerous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)