Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it possible? *eta chart in reply

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM
  • 5 Replies
Multiple "is it possible" type questions for ya....

#1. My bbt chart looks as if I have not ovulated, I am on cd30, is it possible that my body may try against ovulate before giving a super late period? *FYI, before my last baby which I had to take clomid to get my cycles ranged from 28 days to 62. I did not track anything then.

#2. I still BF my youngest at night especially, and he sleeps with us, so could I have ovulated but due to my constant awareness and shifting around my son it Jaggered my temps so that it only seems like I didn't ovulate?

#3. Is it possible to ovulate and the temp not jump or stay up as long as "normal"?

#4. Can sexual activity make a difference on temps?

I temp orally. And if I need to I can add my fertility friend chart. Just let me know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bshaw913
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM
It might help to add your chart. :) Im not sure about everything, but I know breastfeeding and waking up all night definitely affected my temps. When I stopped bf and was sleeping consistently, my temps had a steadier pattern. I know there were months I o,d but my temp never really showed, just cm and opk. I hope someone else. I help you on the rest of your questions! Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dababiesdreams
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM
I'm sorry but your chart looks annovulary:( you may be a mouth breather and might want to consider Vag. Temping. You could still O. You should get the book taking charge of your fertility it has a lot of this info in it. Also going onto FF would help a lot of the answers to your questions are there as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I would suggest temping vaginally it might get your chart to make more sense and the temps are more accurate. And as long as you don't temp right after you have sex it shouldn't affect it. Even if you just get 3 consecutive hours of sleep your temps might make more sense. Gl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Just because u got a pos opkk and fertile cm doesn't mean u ovulated. A thermal shift is the only way,other than bloodwork, to show ovulation. Opks predict but don't show it. A pos only shows a surge in lh not ovulation it self. Ovulation after a pos opk can range from 12-36 hrs after or not even at all.

I would deff suggest temping vag. Stedy temps and no guessing if u were sleeping with your mouth open. Also constant waking up does alter your temps. You need at least 3 hrs of solid sleep to get an accurate temp.

Quoting bshaw913:

It might help to add your chart. :) Im not sure about everything, but I know breastfeeding and waking up all night definitely affected my temps. When I stopped bf and was sleeping consistently, my temps had a steadier pattern. I know there were months I o,d but my temp never really showed, just cm and opk. I hope someone else. I help you on the rest of your questions! Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)