Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 or 10 DPO and question about brands.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM
  • 6 Replies

This is my first cycle off BC and TTC. I'm aprox 10 DPO, but could possibly be 9 DPO since I'm not sure exactly how long after my surge I O'ed since it can vary from 12-48 hours after and frankly my body isn't being very helpful with signals, I'm getting weird mixed ones if anything.

So, I took a test and got a BFN this morning. I actually suspect that maybe yesterday is when implantation occurred because I was having weird twinges and maybe what you would call small cramps and just felt weird. So it might be too early to get a BFP if that's what's going on.

If things go the way they did when I was on the pill and I'm not pregnant, I should get AF on tuesday, with PMS symptoms leading up to it starting today and tomorrow. So far today I don't feel pmsy so..I'm hoping.

Just wanted to vent a little I guess lol. Husband doesn't know I'm testing yet and I'm not sharing that we are TTC with anyone I know in RL. There's my little rant :o)

So here's a question, have you gotten different results from different brands of tests?  like a BFN from one but a BFP from another? I'm using the test strips from amazon, wondfo brand and they have good reviews for the most part.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
crzemom
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM

BUMP!

mkwatts
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I am in about the same spot you are... i am somewhere between 11 and 13 dpo. I tested on the 9th,10th, and today and all were BFN. I am due for AF on Tues the 14th also. I have seen some gals on here get different results from different tests. I am currently using first signal from Walmart and the dollar tree brand. I am saving my FRER for after AF is late (God willing) . Keep us posted on the testing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrganicSweetie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Quoting mkwatts:

I am in about the same spot you are... i am somewhere between 11 and 13 dpo. I tested on the 9th,10th, and today and all were BFN. I am due for AF on Tues the 14th also. I have seen some gals on here get different results from different tests. I am currently using first signal from Walmart and the dollar tree brand. I am saving my FRER for after AF is late (God willing) . Keep us posted on the testing!

Good to know someone is in the same spot as me.. hope we both get BFP soon. I will keep you posted. 

I'll have to see about dollar tree brand if I end up needing any extras for confirmation lol.

OrganicSweetie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Anyone else have any input?

Pretty-n-ink
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM
So far only faint pos on dollar tree but bfn on frer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I'm right there with ya. This is my first month of BC, and while I wasn't going to do anything other than BD as often as possible during my fertile times, now I'm comtemplating buying an OPK for this cycle, because I've had a bunch of weird symptoms and would HATE to miss my O! lol

We also have not shared that we're TTC with anyone else, because people automatically assume there's something wrong with us for wanting 4 children, including family. When I do finally fall pregnant, I don't know how I'm going to deal with the negativity. *sigh*

I've heard that First Response is pretty reliable, and I've always gotten BFP's 4 or 5 days before AF was due. I used the FR Digital on the day AF was due and got a BFP too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)