Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Started on clomid after 3+ years of trying. Any advice could help. Thanks

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 12 Replies
So my husband and I have been together 11 years and married going on 6 years. We have been trying to get pregnant for 3+ years. He has gotten tested and is fine. I have had a lot of testing. Found out I have hashimotos. They got my thyroid under control for almost a year then all of a sudden it went out of wack again. They upped my meds now waiting to see if that worked. My ob started me on clomid. Did my first dose yesterday. She is only letting me do 2 cycles worth cause she can't see why we are not getting pregnant. Every time I had a mid cycle ultrasound I have had 2 good folicals. (twins run in both of our families) She said if I don't get pregnant in these 2 months then she thinks my tubes is blocked. The problem is my insurance doesn't cover it. I. Pray that this works cause not sure what we will do after this. So if anyone has advice I'm more then happy to listen. Thanks.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vcaulkins
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Has your DH had a SA? That's not fair that she won;t let you do more than 2 cycles of Clomid. I just started my 1st pill of it tonight but my dr said I can do 6 cycles of it and I haven't had an HSG yet

swedemomma
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Good luck! I don't have any advise for you, but I pray that it works for you.
SmallRiver22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Yes my husband has had his SA it was normal. She thinks I'm ovulating on my own but can't explain why we aren't getting pregnant.
SmallRiver22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Thank you and so do I.
TiffanyCtx
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM

My insurance doesn't cover fertility stuff either. :-(

My doctor wants to do an HSG (mine is to check for uterine adhesions but it's the same test they do to check for blocked tubes as well.) We called and got a cash discount price, so the HSG will be $400 out of pocket. That's still expensive, but I've heard that if they find blocked tubes during that test, they can often unblock them using the dye while they're doing the test. So they might be able to fix your issue right then if it's blocked tubes. I've seen lots of posts on cafemom from women who got pregnant right after having their HSG done. Good luck!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Hang in there!  I would have gone for the HSG before starting Clmoid to see if your tubes are blocked or not.  Hopefully not, but hang in here :) :) :)

Tabimom08
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Did you have an HSG? Sometimes that can help a blocked tube..on the expensive side i paid 465 for mine...eek i know..but payments make it better!!!!Good Luck!

ttcforbaby1
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

GL hun hope you get your BFP soon

SmallRiver22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Thanks I will look into that and see if that is an option.
SmallRiver22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Thanks for your help. Let's just hope it works but if. Not I will look into it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)