Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC while breastfeeding?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 2 Replies

So a few months ago DH and I started making plans about TTC#3.  We decided that once our LO turned a year old, we'd start trying.

Well, I have a predicament!  LO is still BFs very aggressively, and has NO signs of weaning.  I also have NO signs of AF returning yet.

We practicely natural family planning, so I've been checking my cervix, cm and all that.  Everything has been very inconsistent.

I think I'm gonna start temping again, but I was wondering if that would be accurate with BFing.  I'm clueless, since I wasn't BFing when we started TTC#2.  Any insight?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bshaw913
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM
My temps weren't right when I was breastfeeding because I would still be up all night with her. She stopped breastfeeding at 15 months and I only had 3.af.since she was born, only one cycle had a positive opk. As soon as I stopped bf and sleeping normally, my temps were a lot steadier. But everyone is different, it cant hurt to start tempting and see how it works for you. Good luck!
~guess I should add that the month she stopped bf, I got pregnant immediately :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kapzilla
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM

His night time sleep is pretty regular, so I don't think I'll have a problem with incosistent sleep.  I'll probably start temping and charting again tomorrow.  Hopefully the BF hormones don't wreck havoc on my temps!

I think I'd stoked to get pregnant as soon as he stops BFing, but I don't think it's going to be any time soon.  I'd be surprised if he weans before he's 2.  He's THAT into it still.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)