Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feels as if my chances each month are :leaking: away from me! (sorry if TMI)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

So my worry is that each month my DH and I make love, I seem to leak a lot of the semen afterwards. I always elevate my hips for at least 30min and do not move or go to the bathroom. I have done a lot of research saying it is normal to leak after as all of it cannot stay up there, but I feel like A LOT is coming out and nothing is making its way to end my TTC journey! Anyone else have some advice for me.

TTC FOR 16 months.....

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Biggasista2800
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
One of the things I've done is to see my GYN and have an HSG test to make sure your uterus and tubes are open to receiving the sperm. Make sure you know when your ovulating because that's the best time to try and conceive.
EAzizM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Well id suggest using instead sofcups to deposit the sperm closer to the cervix and you wont leak when you get up. But after laying for that long, what comes out is dead sperm anyway. Gl! =)

<<<<  CLICK ME to join us!

BabyDust77
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I recently read a reply on a post where elevated hips and all will cause sperm to go behind the cervix. idk how true this is, but now im trying knees to chest laying on my side...the fetal position i guess. Ive been ttc since.july 2010, with two losses. Babydust ur way.
ashlienicole72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM

What are instead sofcups?  And don't worry hun I am the same way I feel like no matter what I do after sex Alot of semen comes right out and it just keeps coming even after i lay for 30minutes. Not mention I have had alot of tests done and my progesterone levels were only lo and I'm on clomid 50mg this is my 2nd month on it, I'm hopin this month will be it but I just know its going to be negative :(

Quoting EAzizM:

Well id suggest using instead sofcups to deposit the sperm closer to the cervix and you wont leak when you get up. But after laying for that long, what comes out is dead sperm anyway. Gl! =)

EAzizM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM

You can buy them at walmart. They are usually used for when you have Af but they have had many good results in giving women their Bfp. You put it in right after Sex and can leave it in for 12 hours. I leave it in for about 2 hours. It deposits sperm closer to the cervix and prevents the leaking.

Quoting ashlienicole72:

What are instead sofcups?  And don't worry hun I am the same way I feel like no matter what I do after sex Alot of semen comes right out and it just keeps coming even after i lay for 30minutes. Not mention I have had alot of tests done and my progesterone levels were only lo and I'm on clomid 50mg this is my 2nd month on it, I'm hopin this month will be it but I just know its going to be negative :(

Quoting EAzizM:

<<<<  CLICK ME to join us!

chrissydan
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Agree with the advice about the softcups i really suggest giving them a try worked for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashlienicole72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Ok I will deff Try them out!! are they hard to use and do they ever get stuck in you?

MaMa-niCOOL
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Are softcups hard to use? I should be ovulating soon I hope and if they're hard I don't wanna buy them and mess it up causing more harm than good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Happiness4Me
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I have seen my GYN and had the tests done and all my tubes are clear and hormone levels are good too! I think it is bad luck and timing! Good luck to you! Baby dust

Quoting Biggasista2800:

One of the things I've done is to see my GYN and have an HSG test to make sure your uterus and tubes are open to receiving the sperm. Make sure you know when your ovulating because that's the best time to try and conceive.

Happiness4Me
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I may try that! It sounds like a great way for those little guys a little push! Thank you for the advice! Baby dust!

Quoting EAzizM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)