Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period question...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hey ladies. It's a little tmi but I have a question about periods. Lol.
Usually when I get a period it smells fishy (gross I know) well I just recently smarted and it doesn't smell that way at all, it just smells like blood I guess. It started out very pink and so light I didn't need a pad. Well now it's a bit heavier, but red blood and still kind of light... Any idea of why this is?? I'm extremely confused and if like to hear what you guys think, or of this has ever happened to you? I'd love to be preg. But I don't think I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ritt
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

adgtgm09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Emma on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM

If it smells fishy, you need to talk to your doctor about bacteria vaginosis. it's not an STD - but it's a bacteria that grows when your chemical imbalance is off.... and it can come and go... and that's what the fishy odor usually will be.

adgtgm09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM
It doesn't smell fishy. My point is my period usually has a distinct smell, when it's done the smell is gone, but this time my period does not smell that way, witch is unusual.

Quoting kajira:

If it smells fishy, you need to talk to your doctor about bacteria vaginosis. it's not an STD - but it's a bacteria that grows when your chemical imbalance is off.... and it can come and go... and that's what the fishy odor usually will be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adgtgm09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)