Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how soon?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
After having the iud out is it safe / did you start ttc? I had my iud out 2/8/12 I had some bleeding (tmi) for 2 days. Someone else said their midwife told them to hold off for 3 cycles before ttc I'm just wondering if that's generally what others have been told?
I've also heard that a lot of people are successfully at ttc pretty quick however there is a lot of mc as well.

Thanks ladies!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Usually two cycles just so your body can get back into things
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AustinsMommy007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliza04
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Yes and no, I have heard 1 cycle/ good right away. What kind of IUD did you have? I have heard the stories of miscariage right after iud out and have heard of success stories doesn't seem as much difference as any pregnancy stats but don't know for certain. I had my merina out Jan 3,2012 and got BFP on Jan 31. So far so good and hope it keeps going that way. So up to you how comfortable you would be in trying.

Pregnancy%20ticker

AustinsMommy007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I had the mirena as well. I'm ready to start ttc just trying to make sure that I'm not risking it or jumping in too soon for a healthy pregnancy, ya know?
Congrats on your bfp!!! I hope all continues to go well and wish you a h&h9

Quoting Eliza04:

Yes and no, I have heard 1 cycle/ good right away. What kind of IUD did you have? I have heard the stories of miscariage right after iud out and have heard of success stories doesn't seem as much difference as any pregnancy stats but don't know for certain. I had my merina out Jan 3,2012 and got BFP on Jan 31. So far so good and hope it keeps going that way. So up to you how comfortable you would be in trying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliza04
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Thank you so much, Hope the best for you and your ttc journey.baby dust

Quoting AustinsMommy007:

I had the mirena as well. I'm ready to start ttc just trying to make sure that I'm not risking it or jumping in too soon for a healthy pregnancy, ya know?
Congrats on your bfp!!! I hope all continues to go well and wish you a h&h9

Quoting Eliza04:

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)