Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cramping at 8 DPO?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi ladies!  My cycles just came back after having my youngest (20 months old now).  I'm not charting, temping, or using OPKs, but my cycles have always been like clockwork.  I'm on CD 22 (presumably 8 DPO), and earlier today, over the course of 20 or 30 minutes, I had intense cramps two or three times.  AF isn't due for 6 days, plus it was just the 2 or 3 cramps... any ideas what could cause this?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mss119
by Maggie on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM

BUMP!

mss119
by Maggie on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

BUMP!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

It is hard to know for sure without charting & having an idea where you are in your cycle.  They could be different now than they were before.

Its possible the cramps are related to ovulation, you could be ovulating later than you normally do this cycle.

They don't really sound like AF cramps so I wouldn't think you O'd early & are getting AF now.

Its also possible they aren't related to your cycle at all - you could have gas or need to poop or something else entirely.

mss119
by Maggie on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Thank you!  I was just wondering if it was a normal thing, or if anybody else had experienced it.  I know it can take a while for things to get back to normal- it's tough knowing what to think sometimes, since every woman is different, etc.  Thanks again!

Quoting GwenMB:

It is hard to know for sure without charting & having an idea where you are in your cycle.  They could be different now than they were before.

Its possible the cramps are related to ovulation, you could be ovulating later than you normally do this cycle.

They don't really sound like AF cramps so I wouldn't think you O'd early & are getting AF now.

Its also possible they aren't related to your cycle at all - you could have gas or need to poop or something else entirely.

Miss.penguin
by Nicole on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM
I start cramping at 8dpo then get af 11dpo so I would say af is coming if it were me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)