Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long do you have to get pregnant after ovulation?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 5 Replies

My SO is in the military and gets called to duty with very little notice... We had planned to have intercourse practically all weekend, so I triggered with Ovidrel at 7am Saturday morning, but he was suddenly called away and won't be home til 7pm tonight (Monday). I felt myself begin to cramp last night around 10pm and the cramps were stronger by 5am this morning- so I know that I've ovulated. Is it still possible that we could get pregnant if we're intimate tonight? I had 2 really great follicles (22mm & 26mm) when my sono was done Thursday so I'm afraid of losing out on this cycle.

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lulu0
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I think the chances are low... but who knows, maybe someone had been in the same situation and got pregnant... anyone?

ashlienicole72
by Ashlie on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not sure but I know the egg or eggs can survive and still be fertilized 24 hours and i know some can be up to 48hours i guess it just depends on you but after 48 hours of ovulating the egg dies and theres no chance. Hope you catch it good luck i know how you feel my so is in military as well. Baby dust
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanzi.farhan
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

egg can survivee 48 hours but everyone is different so dont lose hope and enjoy the deed as he is coming after a long time and for some short time....i pray you catch the egg

geminijai
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Thank you! I know we'll definitely enjoy the deed... heck, we probably won't even make it out of the doorway- haha!

I really hope we still have a chance! I'm trying hard to stay optimistic and not to be disappointed because it was completely out of his control and he feels awful about it. At first, we thought it might've been a quick trip- with him getting home Saturday night, but no dice... I had read online somewhere that we might have between 12-48 hours after the egg released to conceive- and it'll be right at about 21hrs from when I first started cramping til he gets home.

usmcvalle
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes usually within 48 hours at max...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured