Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

HELP PLEASE HCG RESULTS!!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hello again ladies I went in for blood work today again just received my blood results I am 4 weeks and 5days and my levels are 3440! Is this normal? I only had one embryo transfer but could this mean twins? Any experiences would be so helpful thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kachetes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Idk if its normal but I do know its good and not bad , I was only at 164 at 3 weeks & 3 days .. of course they were too low and I miscarried :(
GL & Congrats .!
•TTC1stBaby•
notgivinguphope
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Thank u so much for your response n I'm so sorry for your miscarriage I know how hard that is deal with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymary6507
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM

yes. Sounds great :)

kelli1973124
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:26 PM

yes that is high!!! but good. i was 1250 at 4weeks 2 days and i thought that was high. it could mean twins, not always

corrinacs
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM

The good news is that your numbers are high :).  They can start doing ultrasounds at this point and actually see something :).  I would request one of those just to be sure :) :).  How sure are you that is how far along you are/  Also, keep in mind that HCG levels in the beginning can vary by so much.

hwalker123
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM

definately sounds like it could be though usually you can't tell for sure till u/s and you said you had an embryo transfer otherwise I would say you may be further along. Sounds good so far! best wishes.

usmcvalle
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Only way to tell is by sono, when are you having one done? At 4 wk 3 days my levels were 1700 so really can't rely on numbers! Good luck I hope you get them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrobertson20
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

So sorry for you loss.  With DD I was 4 weeks and 2 days when I had my bloodwork done and my levels were 174 so I don't think your levels were too low at that point.  As long as they go up at least 60% every 48 hours your ok.  GL and I hope you get an extra sticky little baby bean in there soon.

Quoting Kachetes:

Idk if its normal but I do know its good and not bad , I was only at 164 at 3 weeks & 3 days .. of course they were too low and I miscarried :(
GL & Congrats .!

Kachetes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Quoting jrobertson20:

I guess maybe the numbers vary , I found out I was prego bc blood results for hcg read at 114 .. they couldnt tell me how far along I was until 6 days later .. that day they told me I was 3w3d according to their calculations .. but that my level had only gone from 114-164 in 6 days & that it wasnt enough . I didnt want to believe that I was losing the baby but in reality I was .. After 26 days of being pregnant I miscarried & it was rough bc 4 days before it happened we had thought we would make it & we told dh's family .. Then after a week of the loss we gave them the news :(
Thank you !
•TTC1stBaby•
notgivinguphope
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Thanks so much again for the responses yes I had a single embryo transfer on Feb 9th and it was a 5day blastocyst so by ivf calculations I'm 5weeks tomorrow. But I will be getting More blood work Monday and a Sonoma Tuesday so I will definitely keep u ladies updated thanks again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)