Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nausea all day long....

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM
  • 3 Replies
Im 6weeks and 5days and for the past week i have nausea so bad to the point i cant eat or drink anything. I tried to fight through it but the only time i felt good was when i slept. Well i have two other children i cant sleep all the time. I got meds for it it says take every 8 hrs but when that 9th hour hits im nauseated again. I havent been to an ob doctor yet cause im still waiting for my refferal to go through which its been almost two weeks. And my pcm doctor said i wouldnt be able to have a first appt til im about 9 weeks. I hate that cause with my other two i was in the week i called in i was pregnant. About 7 weeks. Thats was almost 5 years ago did they change it or something?? My last pregnancy that i lost was the same my 9week ck up was my first appt. And i knew something was wrong a week before i went. But i also had bad nausea and vomiting to where i was so weak i couldnt do anything. Even after the m/c i had it, it was bad! I tried this morning to see if i could get by without the meds .... nope!! I could only seem to eat and hold down ice.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mrsbrimer
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM
U need to get zofran from your doctor. That's the only way I could keep food down the entire 9 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leletucker86
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Yeah cvs gave me a generic brand. I got it few days ago.
mrs.jonesy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Try to eat cold stuff.  Maybe some citrus.  It helped me a lot.  I would stick an orange in the fridge and it was fantastic.  Citrus naturally calms your stomach.  Also try ginger.  Lots of places will have candied ginger or even hard ginger candies or even peppermint.  Those are also stomach soothers.  If you can't get your hands on ginger candies just stick with ginger ale.  Sip it really slowly and just nibble tiny pieces off of a saltine.  It sucks, I know.  I have two kids at home with me too and it's hard to feel crappy all day. 

Just make sure you eat small meals and cold stuff (fruits and veggies) and crackers until you feel like you can stomach more.  Also make sure you are staying hydrated.  And if you are taking a prenatal vitamin, try taking it right before bed.  A lot of times if can be the vitamin messing with your nausea.  And anything in the mint family will help too.  I hope it gets better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)