• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Test Results

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

Cycles range from 35-120 days.

Ultrasound: Normal

LH, FSH, TSH, Glucose, Insulin: Normal

Testosterone:  Elevated.  Normal range 8-60.  My level 75.

I have yet to hear from my doctor for her professional opinion.  Anyone have a similar situation?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
screamykittycat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nevaNabismommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM

sounds like pcos my sister had elevated testostorone and they told her it was due to pcos.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Have you been diagnosed with PCOS before?

Elevated testosterone & irregular menstral cycles would indicate PCOS as a possibility. Did they test progesterone or estrogen?

screamykittycat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I have yet to officially be diagnosed with anything.  Everything points PCOS, except for the normal ultrasound.  I assumed that if my ovaries were polycystic, it would show. 

I know every woman is different, but I also don't have excess hair growth, acne, and the other telltale signs.  Just elevated testosterone and long cycles.

I didn't know if there is anyone out there with similar issues and has something other than PCOS.  Just curious of what else is out there.

HisB0107
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Elevated testerone could be from PCOS. 

Lohasbabyfever
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Yeah, don't believe the hype about PCOS. If you don't have the serological evidence to support it (primarily if your glucose levels were high) then you don't have it. I have lots of cysts in my ovaries and my testosterone was high too but everything else was normal = no PCOS. My doctor gave me some natural supplements to take called AndroDIM by BIO TECH Pharmacal, Inc. (Vit E, Vit B6, Folic Acid, Vit B12, Selenium, Zinc, Copper, Saw Palmetto, and some other stuff) and I took them for about a month and my testosterone went back down to normal levels. I freaked out at first but the supplements really helped. Did they check your thyroid function too? I see only TSH but not T3 or T4. Too high or too low can mess with your cycles making them long. Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll be back to normal soon. 

Lohasbabyfever
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM

PS. I forgot to add that I have Grave's and that affected my thyroid, testosterone levels, and made my cycles really long. I think the cysts on my ovaries are from smoking and I quit last month so I'm hoping they just go away. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)