• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone remember me?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

Started our TTC after DH's reverse-vasectomy in October 2009. I have charted, tracked, POS'd, you name it, with no sucess. Lost weight, gained it, lost again, ate pineapple cores, stuck my legs up in the air...really, I've tried it all.

If you do remember me, you will remember that we were in a very small town in North Texas. The only doc that accepted TriCare there was LESS than helpful. He only wanted to do IuI's with no testing, monitoring, nothing.

GREAT news! We have moved! We are now in Murrieta, CA, stationed at Camp Pendleton. A month ago I had an amazing appointment with a Fertility Doc that actually listened! I gave 5 tubes of blood, took 100mg of Clomid this month and DH had ANOTHER semen analysis.

Out of that great news, I am on CD 20, had ZERO sex drive this month (thanks clomid - hate you) but we still BD'd are we were supposed to. My Fertility Monitor hasn't detected peak ovulation yet, but it did start reading high at CD9. I am pretty sure I did ovulate and it just was so quick that it missed because starting yesterday my boob have been VERY sore. It isn't a preggo symptom for me though. For some reason my boobs get SO SORE the second half of my cycle. Makes no sense, but it happens every single month.

So - why am I posting? On Monday the 5th, I get the results of all the tests. I will find out if my eggs are any good (I am 34) and if DH's swimmers are still working since the reversal (he is 38).

Anyhow, I would LOVE some good thoughts, prayers, ju-ju...whatever. I am SO scared that I will find out my eggs are no good and DH's swimmers are toast - that adoption is our only answer. Now, we are okay with that, but we really, really want a child that shares both of our DNA. We both have a child from a previous marriage but have sole custody. In our 6 years together, those boys are both of ours. We don't believe in "step-kids." I hope that explains what we want and "ours." Regardless, we want our family to grow and are willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. I just, and he just REALLY want it to be from my belly.

Hope all is well with each of you ladies!!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tinabee88
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:31 AM
I haven't been on this site long so i don't recall your username, but i just want to say good luck. Clomid also killed my sex drive. Congrats on the move and the new doctor. Things are looking up. Just stay hopeful and have patience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elisajenise
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Great news, but confusing information. Got the results just now, shawn was 70M with over 70% morphology (huge improvement) and my ovarian reserves are fine. He has me scheduling an HSG (first step to IVF) but I am hoping the HSG will "open" any blockages, if there are any. No reason I shouldn't be preggo yet, as I am sure some of you can relate. Big sigh of relief...at least I know we r both working? Not even sure what else I can do...just wait I suppose.

leandrat
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:11 PM

youve got prayers coming from me love!!! I am sure your eggs are fine your too young to have issues there men how every can have sperm issues from birth but Ill be thinking good thoughts for you both....

I understand the DNA thing we will not adopt or anything like that its OURS or bust there are wonderful kids out there but that it not for OUR family at all for sure!!!

nfl_grl
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I'm new to the site so I do not know your background.  But congrats on the move! I live somewhat close to you (Camp Pendelton) and I know a few people in Murrieta. I live in San Marcos, CA not too far from you!  I had my HSG a couple months back and we are getting ready to do our first IUI.  Who's your RE? I go to San Diego Fertility Center and Dr. Kettle and his staff is amazing! 

The HSG is a bit uncomfortable and I took about 3 advil about an hour before the xray.  Good luck! It's nice to see someone on here who is close by.

elisajenise
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Thanks ladies :-) 

I am seeing Dr. Chuy on base - compared to what I had in that small TX town while on recruiting duty, he is AMAZING!! :-) Maybe I will take 4 advil :-)

How long were you uncomfortable for after? I have mine scheduled for 8:30 in the morning and I am wondering whether I should take a half day off, or the entire day.

nfl_grl
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I was only uncomfortable during the xray, but I did have alot of bleeding afterwards (forgot to mention that part).  They give you pad to wear afterwards.  Dr. mentioned bleeding was normal. It was like I had my period for the day. For me only a half day was needed. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Quoting elisajenise:

Thanks ladies :-) 

I am seeing Dr. Chuy on base - compared to what I had in that small TX town while on recruiting duty, he is AMAZING!! :-) Maybe I will take 4 advil :-)

How long were you uncomfortable for after? I have mine scheduled for 8:30 in the morning and I am wondering whether I should take a half day off, or the entire day.

bonnebell81
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Hey hun good to see you here!!!:) I keeping my fingers crossed for you and keeping positive thoughts for you! HUGS
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)