Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needs advice! TTC for 6 months...no luck

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM
  • 21 Replies
My husband and I have been TTC for about 6 months now and I have lost all hope...I have tried tracking my BBT, laid with a pillow under me for an hour after love making, tracked my CM, got ovulation kits, and every month the same old witch shows her face!! I need suggestions from both those trying that may have new ideas and those that have been successful in putting a bun in the oven! The witch is currently visiting, made her appearance today so I am ready to try again! Thanks! I am new to this whole thing so we will see how it goes. :-)
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bittysmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It take the average couple 8health months to concive.... dont give up and relax ur more likly to get preggo if u dont stress about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Are you ovulating? How is your CM? How often are you BDing? Has DH ever had issues conceiving (low sperm count etc)? Are your cycles regular & consistant? How long is your LP?

babyfever925
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Thanks...I try every month not to stress but it always seems to happen...! Lol it's just frustrating. We want a baby so bad it's hard not to stress.
babyfever925
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Don't seem to ever have a lot of cm but this last month is was like I had it all month. It was clear and sticky for a day. (Sorry TMI) then was ewcm right up until aunt Flo this morning. I thought maybe it was my month since that was so unusual for me but nope..we were bd'ing every other night but lately has been sporadic. Idk how DH is, he was a big acoholic before we married. Since then he has pretty much quit. That was 2 years ago now. I've always wondered but he doesn't want to test and find out. My cycles are always regular. Idk about my lp either....I'm new to all this...is there a way to find that out???
MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Don't worry it takes a healthy couple at least a year to concieve. (: are you taking prenatals? Maybe try taking robotussin or epo. Use preseed or soft cups? Get a SA for dh maybe. Are you ovulating?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Ooo forgot to add there is a 25% chance each month to concieve. You could also try the "sperm meets egg plan"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyfever925
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Sorry I am still getting used to the "terms" lol what is a SA? Not taking prepares or using anything but thought about starting. What does Robitussin do? And what's the sperm meets egg plan? Thanks so much for all the advice! I appreciate it greatly. :-)
MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM
You should be taking prenatals now. At least 3 months prior to ttc so the folic acid is built up in your system. A SA is a semen analysis. It will give his mortility, morphology and count. Robitussin, only with gunafussin, will give you more cm and better quality cm the same with epo(evening primrose oil). The sperm meets egg plan is a highly reccomended plan amoung ttcrs. Google it and give it a shot (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer2787
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Ive heard you can try musinex, robutussin or preseed to help with cm.. Also water water water lol Since you track your bbt have you tried using fertility friend? I know how frustrated you are.. Were on cycle8 but fertility friend helped me to understand my cycles better. Good luck to you and tons of sticky baby dust!!

babyfever925
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Thanks! I will get some prenatel vitamins tomorrow and talk to DH about that plan. I googled it and will start it this month! Promise to keep you all up to date. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)