Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wait... what?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months. I really thought I was this month, then AF decided to show her ugly face...on my anniversary..which was thursday. It started out super heavy like usual... then yesterday there was barely anything and this morning at first it was just a little bit of brown then I took a shower and was bleeding a little again. I got a positve ovultion test around cycle day 21.. started my period on cycle day 33, well today for some reason I decide to take an ovulation test and it was positive. Is it possible I'm ovulating now? I don't understand why I would get a positive on day 21 and now that I'm on my period? Sorry if this is confusing.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jb0520
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM
No idea, heres a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kat2658
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Take a HPT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nevaNabismommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

it could be due to the LH release during your period??? but i would take a pregnancy test just to be sure!!!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Well in rare cases women can ovulate more than once (although unlikely).....

secondly, have you always had a short LP (12 days)?

Then also, a lot of women have a estrogen surge while on their period (which could cause a + OPK) but it doesn't indicate ovulation.

Lastly OPK detect LH & HCG so take a hpt just to be sure...........since your AF is off too!

Ames624
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Take a home pregnancy test to rule that out.  

AimeeJenee
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Well in rare cases women can ovulate more than once (although unlikely).....

secondly, have you always had a short LP (12 days)?

Then also, a lot of women have a estrogen surge while on their period (which could cause a + OPK) but it doesn't indicate ovulation.

Lastly OPK detect LH & HCG so take a hpt just to be sure...........since your AF is off too!

It hasn't always been that way, before I had my daughter I was regular and had my period every 28 days exact. I think it's the birth control that I have taken afterwards, I had been on it for almost 2 years and stopped taking it in July and since then I have been getting positive ovulation tests around cycle day 20-21 and starting my period around day 33-34,... quite frustrating. I don't know what to do really, but I do know that I will never be taking birth control again. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)