Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me stay positive!!! PLEASE!!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

My husband and I have been ttc for 20 months.  The first 6 months we tried naturally.  Then after going in for my yearly exam, my doctor put me on 50 mg clomid.  He told me because of the irregularity of my periods and the length between each, there probably was a good chance I wasn't ovulating.  I was on 50 mg for 3 months and then he bumped me up to 100 mg for 3 months.  On the last month (July 2011) I found out I got pregnant.  I miscarried the next day.  Then it took about 2 months for my body to shed all the lining.  After all that I needed an emotional break.  We decided to wait until the first of the year to go back on clomid.  

I started clomid at 100 mg in January and also used OPK.  The last two tries haven't worked.  I am completely struggling emotionally and have days where I can hardly even function because my emotions get the best of me.  To top it off, within the last week two couples that are really good friends of ours found out they were pregnant.  Three of my other friends also had their babies.  I am sad and irrately mad and hopeless all at the same time.  

Does anyone have that one little thing that has helped them get through a similar situation?  PLEASE HELP!!!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jrobertson20
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM

So sorry you have to go through this.  Just try and remember what the outcome of all this is for.  Hoping you get that extra sticky little baby soon.  GL!!!

Lulu0
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I know it's hard, but try to keep negative thoughts off your head... Because none of us have control of pregnancy timing, it just happens when it's supposed to. It's hard not to fight, but sometimes you just have to stop, breathe and let things happen. I am trying to do it, it's really hard, but despair never got me anywhere. God bless you!

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Honey...major hugs to u. Dh and I have also been TTC 20 months. We've had two losses. I had a ectopic in April and had to get surgery to remove my right tube. Then, I also had a nat mc in Aug. Lost both preg at  6 weeks. Take a look at my "Back to thinking positive for my positive post." It's helped some ladies in here. Just try and keep yourself busy. I try to stay drowned in housework, family things, cafemom, and netflix. It's been working pretty good. Know that all these months of trying, af, and bfns will all be worth it when you are holding your baby in your arms. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress or let TTC bother you. Last time I did that I was preg that month. Hope my words could help you feel better. If you ever need to talk ou can always pm me.

AJL86
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Thank you!  I think you are right that I need to think of something else because right now this consumes me.  However, I didn't really know how to go about doing things.  Because they don't think I ovulate on a regular basis, I think I need to continue on the clomid.  However, I can find other hobbies/activities to keep myself busy.  Thank you so much for the advice!

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I bumped my post up for you. It should be on the first or second page ;)

AJL86
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I read it and it helped SOOO much!  Thank you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)