Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice anyone?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

so me & my husband have 2 months to ttc before he deploys, any tips from anyone? I'm super anxious and maybe that's not helping but then again I wouldn't be able to test right now till after March 21! 

any tips from anyone would be helpful.... I always know when my period is going to start, to the day, it's like clock work! but I'm never really sure when i ovulate... lol (ps: I'm totally new to this site and have no idea what the abbreviations mean when you all use them so if someone could explain those to me also that would be great =P lol)

kristinmarines

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jrobertson20
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Try ovulation predictor kits.  You can get them anywhere like drug stores, walmart, target, and online.  They help you to determine when your about to ovulate.  Once you get a positive OPK (ovulation predictor kit) then you will ovulate in 24-48 hours.  I always was told to BD (baby dance) every other night starting from the day AF is over.  Start your OPKs around CD 9.  Then when you get your positive BD three nights in a row.  Skip a night and then BD at least one more night.  I did this with DD and this pregnancy.  Worked like a charm.  GL.

Lulu0
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You should go to he site FertilityFriend.com . They explain everything you should know. My tip to you is to chart your BBT (body basal temperature), that's the best way to check when you ovulate. 

LADY_V088
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM

thanks ladies =] i will more than likely get the OPK today! hopefully it helps! thanks a bunch! fingers crossed

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Welcom to our crazy world of TTC. Glad to see new faces. I'm Raegan, and me and my husband have been TTC since July 2010, with two losses. I would strongly suggest for you to temp/chart and use opks, as the pp (previous posters) said. Temping will confirm if and when you ovulated, and you will learn a lot about your cycle. Opks will give you ur two best days to concieve. I was preg 3 months after using the two but mc.

U can buy both BBT thermometer and opks where u buy ur pregnancy tests at cvs/walgreens/walmart. Then, you take ur temp every morning (before risingor getting out of bed.) FF won't confirm O until a increase in temp, .2 or more, for 3 days.

G luck and babydust. Hope to see you posting your bfp (big fat positive) soon.

LADY_V088
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM

BFP = BIG FAT POSTIVIE?!?!? HAHA NOW I GET IT!!!!! omg that one has been driving me crazy these past few days!!!! 

and thank you for the open arms ladies! really helps me out a lot!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)