Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

d&c related-please help

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
I don't know where else to post this and know a lot of you have experienced losses and d&c. I had a d&c on Friday. I had some mild cramps last up until last night and was bleeding lightly. Which is what the nurse said. She said I should not have any pain but the doc gave me loratabs just in case. Last night at about 2 am I started hurting really bad. Like doubled over in pain. Me and my dh where out getting tattoos (mine is for my angel) and I figure i would come home and sleep hoping it would go away. It is worse today. I took 2 lorstsbs and it hasn't helped on bit. It hurts from right under my ribs down to my legs and all through my stomach and back. Has anybody have this happen or know what could be wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
pedsnurse21
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I've had 2 D&C's for MC, my first one was very painful for a few days. Are you passing any clots? Are you bleeding enough to fill more than one pad/hour? If so you need to call your doctor, he may have missed something during the D&C. I hope you feel better soon.

Lohasbabyfever
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I had a D&C 11 years ago and I remember being in really bad pain the next day. They said I would feel contractions and I did, they lasted all day and they were intense. I remember pain going from my back, to my thighs, and down to my legs. I don't remember them giving me pain medicine, just medicine to help contract my uterus. I think maybe since you were out and about it might of been too much, too fast and you over did it? But the fact that it's worse today, maybe you should call your doctor. Do you have a fever? If you do, I'd go straight to the ER. 

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I had a D&C about 5 yrs ago but don't remember it much. I do know I was sore though. Here's a bump.

KalebsMommy7408
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I just had one 2 wks ago but the pain was never that bad. I would call your dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I had two d&c's last year. The last one in Nov about 2 days after I had extreme neck,back and rib pain. From talking to doc and looking online, sometimes its a reaction from anesthesia.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)