Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

clomid help sorry long

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

hello Ladies my so and i have been trying to concieve for the last year and 3 months.  In January I went to my obgyn due to i was not having menstruals so there for i could not ovulate.  I had to go on provera 3 different times last year.  IN January my obgyn did blood work to check my hormones and in doing so found out that my testosterone levels were to high.  (In The past i was diagnosed with pcos.  In 2007 I Did Give birth to ha healthy boy with no help of meds so this time i figured it would be no different but i guess not.  )  She then put me on 1000mg metformin daily and cycle of provera.  We did the ultrasound to make sure i did not have any abnormalities or cysts or blockages.  All came back normal They said i had lots of folicles so that was good news a little calming.  So i Started  my cycle January 29, 2012 and then had pos OP on Feb 13 and 14 and then Neg on feb 15  then on cycle lasted total of 31 days till af showed up on Feb 29.  I did ovulate with confrimation of a blood test Feb 18th.  I will then agin be starting 50mg Clomid tonight.  My So Also has a low count but hopefully that will be better when we have it tested again the 16th of March They think it was low due to uncontrolled Diabetes which is doing better  still doing medication adjusting but blood sugars are much better.  So my Question for those who have been on clomid or in my situation is should i expect to have cycles of 31 days from now on or around there and if i shoud expect to ovulate at the same time and any sucess stories would be appreciated to help our hopes. And Lots of baby dust  our way and baby dust from me to you. This way i can know what to expect.  I know taking the clomid at night is best for me cause i had no side effects by doing that and if i did i slept through them .  Any Help

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BabyDust77
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM

bump

gchorses4life
by Stefanie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I too am on cd 5 and taking clomid starting tonight.I also take it at night because of the side affects.I cant really say about how long your cycles will be but I was on clomid in December and my cycle was 51 days until I started in Jan. then from Jan to Feb it was only 38 days and I took clomid again in Jan and ovulated that time :) I finally got af on her own for the first time in 5 years.my testosterone level is also  high and I have PCOS.I hope that you get your BFP soon!!!

LGD1024
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM

My cycles without clomid were 29 days however my first month of clomid it was delayed by only 1 day making my cycles 30 days and then my second month of clomid with trigger shot exactly 30 days again. So it did not delay my second cycle with clomid. I started my 3rd cycle of clomid today. I wish you luck!!

gchorses4life
by Stefanie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM

im sure it wont change much then.I have such long cycles that the clomid is actually helping it become a little shorter each month so im hoping I will get more normal lol.I started my 3rd cycle of clomid today too and thanks! I wish you the best of luck as well!!

Quoting LGD1024:

My cycles without clomid were 29 days however my first month of clomid it was delayed by only 1 day making my cycles 30 days and then my second month of clomid with trigger shot exactly 30 days again. So it did not delay my second cycle with clomid. I started my 3rd cycle of clomid today. I wish you luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)