Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omg i can't decide. I need someone to tell me what to do, lol

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM
  • 11 Replies
We have an appt. On the 20th to talk with an RE after many failed iui's on clomid and femara through my OB clinic. We have zero coverage for infertility and would have to finance it. I'll be 30 next year and my DH will be 34. Our son whom we conceived through an IUI will be 5 next week. So i definitely feel we're running out of time since we wanted a sibling close in age. My DH is going to start a new career next month and i thought i read that he will be elligible for group Etna insurance in june but has to have worked at least 90 days before that. So he would get it june 2013. And not sure if there's any infertility coverage. Then my son would be almost 7 if we waited and if we were even successful.
So i really just don't know what to do. I've been pondering this for a month now. I need someone to tell me what we should do, lol. Thank you for your support.
This would be easy if we were rich..lol.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Have you looked into getting private insurance that covers fertility?

Tinabee88
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I have aetna and they don't cover anything fertility related not even diagnostic testing, but that's because my job opted out of it. Check into your policy once your husband gets his insurance. Good luck. You can write your treatments off if you go OOP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lincolnsmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
No I haven't. I was told by an insurance agent that infertility coverage is only available through employee group programs. My last job covered 50% through there group coverage. But now I work about 25 to 30 hrs a week and my boss says because I'm not full time that I cannot be on the group plan :(

Quoting mlawson803:

Have you looked into getting private insurance that covers fertility?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lincolnsmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Write them off on our taxes? What's OOP?

Quoting Tinabee88:

I have aetna and they don't cover anything fertility related not even diagnostic testing, but that's because my job opted out of it. Check into your policy once your husband gets his insurance. Good luck. You can write your treatments off if you go OOP.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My older son is twelve, his brother is 18 mos old and they are like two peas in a pod. If the tot could talk....They would argue about which one of them hung the moon.
Point being....most want close in age siblings...just letting you know 12 years between my boys and they couldn't be closer. So whenever it happens, your siblings will be tightly knit.
mrs_sunshine
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My son (10) and daughter (3) are also really close. I was concerned at first, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kachetes
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
don't be worried about age diff.
Example: Im turning 21 in Sept. my baby brother turns 4 in 10 days & my baby sister turns 3 in April .. There is a Biiiiig age difference but it worked out perfectly .
I got all the attention for 16 years :) & Now that im ttc I had enough practice with babies & were still very close :) i love them to deathh :) !
•TTC1stBaby•
Lincolnsmommy
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies, that makes me feel better. I think we decided to go ahead with the appt. And have a budget plan. We have a great support system.
Tinabee88
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
If you do IVF and pay for it out of pocket you can write it off on your taxes. Medical procedures are a write off. OOP means out of pocket.

Quoting Lincolnsmommy:

Write them off on our taxes? What's OOP?

Quoting Tinabee88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leandrat
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM

i dont think anyone can tell you what to do

me personally we are stopping ttc in april of 2013 and what happens happens period no meds, no more clomid, no temping, no charting ect.....

I have a almost 5 year old and I WILL NOT have another baby when he is over 6 I personally will not want to raise a child to be on there own and still have 10 YEARS till my next leaves the nest..I WANT a baby with my DH but we also want each other MORE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)