Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Testing for multiple misscarriages?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
I just had my daughter on the 24th of February after a 17 week ultrasound showed she no longer had a heartbeat. :(

I've had three other first trimester losses and two completely healthy pregnancies with not the least bit of a complication.

It seems as if I can get pregnant no problem. First try/chance all 6 times but I can't keep them for some reason.

If anyone has been through something similar, have you been tested and found results leading to a successful pregnancy or know of what tests I can look into getting done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I had testing done for recurrent m/c and found out that I have a blood clotting disorder and a vitamin D deficiency. The also tested for lupus, celiac disease, and genetic issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Did they put you on an aspirin regimen to help with the clotting. Have you had a succesful pregnancy since being diagnosed?

Quoting mlawson803:

I am sorry for your loss. I had testing done for recurrent m/c and found out that I have a blood clotting disorder and a vitamin D deficiency. The also tested for lupus, celiac disease, and genetic issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Yes, I have been taking aspirin daily. I just got my BFP this week and will go into doctors office to start Lovenox injections.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Did they put you on an aspirin regimen to help with the clotting. Have you had a succesful pregnancy since being diagnosed?

Quoting mlawson803:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Congratulations! What does Lovenox do? Progesterone?

Quoting mlawson803:

Yes, I have been taking aspirin daily. I just got my BFP this week and will go into doctors office to start Lovenox injections.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting mlawson803:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Lovenox is a blood thinner. I will also have to take progesterone too.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Congratulations! What does Lovenox do? Progesterone?

Quoting mlawson803:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting mlawson803:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pedsnurse21
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I had two second trimester losses- I would have genetic testing done and get checked for Factor V Leiden (clotting disorder). I am sorry for your loss.

leandrat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM
I've had 11 birth to two of them mine was caused from a bicornet uterus (septum) ..... I also have low progestrone and have to take shots every other day till 12 weeks

There are also blood clotting disorder they can test you for as well....

I'm sorry you are having to go through all of this its very hard
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Quoting mlawson803:

I had a friend who was found to have a clotting disorder after she lost her twins at about 21 weeks. She also had a incompetent cervix.

Now, anytime she gets pregnant, she has to have injections and a clerage in her cervix. She's had two healthy girls since then.

I'm so sorry for your losses :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)