Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Completely new

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am new to ttc and watching cycles. I have been on BCP for 6 years. Prior to the BCP I had no need to watch my cycles. While on my BCP I got married and now we are ttc. :)

I was wondering if someone could tell me what the abbervations stand for?

I also would like to know what is the best way to chart the information and what do I chart besides af and temp?

Please help...thank you.

baby gift

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BabyDust77
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Hello and welcome. I don't have any experience with bcp, but many ladies in here do. I do know, from what I've read, it could take a while for bc to get out of your system.

AF-Aunt Flow, EWCM-Eggwhite cervical mucous, DPO-days past ovulation, bfp/bfn-big fat positive/negative, dd/dh/ds-dear daughter,son,husband, fx-fingers crossed,bd-babydance, opk-ovulation predictor kit, lp-luteal phase (from o to af). You can find all of them when you put abbreviaions on the search box on here.

Best way to chart is by using BBT thermometer. U can get them and opks where you buy preg tests at cvs/walgreens/walmart. Take ur temp every morning (before rising or getting out of bed.) Fertilityfriend.com is a great website to help with this. They provide a tutorial. Some women also track cm (cervical mucous) and cp (cervical position.) I don't check my cp bc I got a infection, and my hands were clean too.

Hope this info can help. Gluck and lots of babydust ur way. Congrats on the marriage too ;)

firsttimem2b
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Quoting BabyDust77:

Hello and welcome. I don't have any experience with bcp, but many ladies in here do. I do know, from what I've read, it could take a while for bc to get out of your system.

AF-Aunt Flow, EWCM-Eggwhite cervical mucous, DPO-days past ovulation, bfp/bfn-big fat positive/negative, dd/dh/ds-dear daughter,son,husband, fx-fingers crossed,bd-babydance, opk-ovulation predictor kit, lp-luteal phase (from o to af). You can find all of them when you put abbreviaions on the search box on here.

Best way to chart is by using BBT thermometer. U can get them and opks where you buy preg tests at cvs/walgreens/walmart. Take ur temp every morning (before rising or getting out of bed.) Fertilityfriend.com is a great website to help with this. They provide a tutorial. Some women also track cm (cervical mucous) and cp (cervical position.) I don't check my cp bc I got a infection, and my hands were clean too.

Hope this info can help. Gluck and lots of babydust ur way. Congrats on the marriage too ;)

Thank you so much. That helps a ton. Gluck to you too. :-)

baby gift

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 6:38 AM
Yw....anytime ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)