Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chemical prenancy

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am 34 soon to be 35 and we have a 3 and a half year old little boy.  After having him I had some complications and now have some health problems that make me take daily medications.  Because of those meds I do not ovulate on my own.  With my first boy we decided we wanted a baby and next month there he was.  But this time not so easy I am now take clomid because I had a gastric bypass I have to be on a high dose and crush the pills (they taste horrible) so last month I ovulated and we were so happy.  We used a combination of the clomid, preseed and soft cups.  And wow it worked but the positive was a faint positive that had me a little worried since it was a dark line with my son.  So I let the doctor know and they said to start with a blood test to make sure the levels were rising.  So I took the blood test last Sat and again Monday but started bleeding Monday afternoon.  They called me Tuesday and said I had had a chemical pregnancy.  They said at least it did show everything is work right.  So they want us to go right ahead and try this month.  I am taking the clomid but I can not help having mixed feelings about trying again.  I want another baby very badly but I don't know that I can handle loosing another.  I feel like because the pregnancy was so short I should not be so sad but it has had me pretty down this week.   Has anyone else gone through anything like this? 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovegiancarlo
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM
So sorry to hear I found out I was preg on a monday by following sunday gone even though it was so short I was devestated still cry here & there and working on getting a sticky bean hugs mama & gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Natasha31488
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Im having one RIGHT NOW! I think!! I got 2 bfp last night and today Im bleeding.

Sorry for what you are going through. Wish I had some words of comfort, Im feeling down too :(

mrs_sunshine
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM
It's not easy. My first mc I cried even up to a year after. I have now had 5 loses total. But I can't give up- I keep on... Good luck hun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leandrat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Every loss is something personal and hard to over come I've had 11 and no amount will ever make me give up on the child I want to me stopping trying is like saying well you didn't make it so I'm not going to give your brother or sister a chance at life either but that's just me personally
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waitingmommy12
by Eva on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I've had two chemicals one last November and one just last month... I was actually getting positives for 4days then a negative started Af 3days after... Yes its so difficult to handle especially because you always just wonder why...why me...why our baby? But you know its going to happen your baby will be here just hold on to hope for that day :)

eesmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Hugs, I just had a m/c at 7 weeks, honestly I am still numb, but the good thing is, you know your in working order and just get to trying again when you're ready:) hugs and best wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Natasha31488
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

How long after AF starts should the pg tests be negative?

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I just had two mc last yr. One, in April, was ectopic. The other mc was in Aug and nat. I lost both mc at 6 weeks. No loss is easy, no matter how far along you are. Take all the time you need to grieve, but also make sure your body is ready (when you start trying again.) I think my second mc I had was due to not waiting long enough after my surgery with my ectopic. Sorry for our loss mama. Huggs.

Abbie_Lee1231
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Just had a miscarriage today that was considered a chemical pregnancy. I am sorry for your loss. We will all be okay. Xoxo.
maryinaz
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:02 AM

I'm so sorry for you :( ... I had a m/c @ 6 weeks 2/11/12 and I am still crying about it ... you will get through this and I will keep my fingers crossed for a sticky baby for you and your family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)