• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cd 11... first opk test ever

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

so you should start that ovu predector on cd 11 right? i'm not sure when i ovulate but today it was a definate NO. LOL. 

i've never used one before and the box has 7 tests (for seven days). soooo what time should i test these following days? does it matter? should it be the first pee in the morning or afternoon or evening? my periods aren't irregular, more like clock work. lol soooo should i be ovulating soon?? i sure hope so

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
leandrat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never waisted money on those wondfo r .19 cents each

Women test diff times if you o cd9 then you already missed it if you O cd20 and gave a 8lp then 8 tests r not enough

This is where charting temps for a few months come in handy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leandrat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Oh and remember those don't tell you that your going to O Just that you have a lh surge and possible O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrganicSweetie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

If you don't get a BFP this month I recommend buying a larger set of tests next month, check amazon for wondfo tests, they are very cheap and you can buy them in bulk. I say this because it's best to test twice daily, once before noon (not first thing, though) and once in the late afternoon, to increase the chances of detecting your surge.

I've read It's best to do it around 11am, and then again later in the afteroon, something like 2-4pm.

First morning urine does not apply here like a pregnancy test since your surge doesn't happen until you've been up a few hours.

OrganicSweetie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM

This also! Temping is the only way to confirm you ovulated.

Quoting leandrat:

Oh and remember those don't tell you that your going to O Just that you have a lh surge and possible O

LADY_V088
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

when watching temperature you just take it every morning before getting out of bed? what is the difference in temp when ovulating and regular temp? 

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Yes mam. The difference is .2 or more, but FF won't confirm O till temp is elevated above coverline. U have to get atleast 3 hours to temp and have 6 temps before u O. Hope that made sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)