Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LH surge where are you?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

Last month I got my surge on CD15, this month I'm CD18 and still no surge and I actually did 3 tests today instead of 2 just to make sure. I finally started having EWCM yesterday so I hope that is a sign that it's coming. 

I wonder if it is common to ovulate on a different day each month, or maybe it's just because this is my second cycle off the pill? I have no clue.

I'm temping and so far I haven't had anything noticeable for a dip or climb in temps, so I assume I haven't missed it somehow.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
OrganicSweetie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM

BUMP!

krystyneh
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
As my OBGYN had told me before that when going off birth control pills, your cycles may be messed up for a few months then they should be right on Track until you're like me and have PCOS then your cycles may always be out of whack lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:39 PM

It could definitely be due to you coming off bc.  But I do have my O date move around some, too.  Its usually between CD10 & 12, one cycle it was CD16 (that one drove me nuts with wondering when I'd finally O!!).

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM

My O date changes every month. My first month I O'd cd23. For a couple months after that, O was cd11. I've od anywhere from cd13 to cd19, for the most part. My last cycle O was cd16. The cycle before that cd13. So, It's perfectly normal for O to change.

If ou're used to Oing on a certain day, then I would def chalk it up to your body coming off bcp. The fact you're having EWCM is a good sign. I usually get mine 3 days before O. G luck and lots of babydust.

OrganicSweetie
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

lol. Well I don't have any conditions that I know of, but I had pretty irregular cycles when I was younger and not on BC, but I attribute that to me being a teenager and my cycle not being regulated yet. 

Quoting krystyneh:

As my OBGYN had told me before that when going off birth control pills, your cycles may be messed up for a few months then they should be right on Track until you're like me and have PCOS then your cycles may always be out of whack lol

OrganicSweetie
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Yeah, that's the thing that is driving me nuts..I thought for sure it would have happened over the weekend so I BD-ed saturday... which, I would have regardless but I thought oooh yeah I bet I'll get my surge sunday at the latest and that'll be good timing lol.

Quoting GwenMB:

It could definitely be due to you coming off bc.  But I do have my O date move around some, too.  Its usually between CD10 & 12, one cycle it was CD16 (that one drove me nuts with wondering when I'd finally O!!).

OrganicSweetie
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Ohhh that's good to hear then. Frustrating but good to hear. Do you temp? If you do do you usually get a dip on your O day? I was wondering how common that was as an indictator.

I was on BC for 12 years and before that my cycles were irregular, probably due to that I was under 17 when I got on BC, LOL.. so I don't know what's "normal" for me yet unfortunately.

Thanks and baby dust to you also!

Quoting BabyDust77:

My O date changes every month. My first month I O'd cd23. For a couple months after that, O was cd11. I've od anywhere from cd13 to cd19, for the most part. My last cycle O was cd16. The cycle before that cd13. So, It's perfectly normal for O to change.

If ou're used to Oing on a certain day, then I would def chalk it up to your body coming off bcp. The fact you're having EWCM is a good sign. I usually get mine 3 days before O. G luck and lots of babydust.

sekenvpip
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Last month I ovulated on CD17 and this month I ovulated on CD13!! ......... Had no clue it even happened until I got the 3rd high temp ....... I wasn't even OPK testing cuz I wasn't expecting it to happen until CD17!! So needless to say we missed the egg =(

This will be my 9th cycle after quitting b/c pills so I don't think it ever happens the same day every cycle ...... All you can do really is start OPK testing early enough in your cycle to catch your surge

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Quoting OrganicSweetie:

Yes i do temp, and most the time i do get the dip on o day. Last cycle i didnt. Some girls get it and some girls dont. Its just nice to have as a heads up so u can time bd right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)