Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC over age 40??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

Is anyone out there TTC and age 40 or older?? I am TTC and just had a failed IVF cycle. Can someone relate to me anyone?? I need support.  Gina

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GracieLooWho
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Gina,

I am 41 and still TTC after over a decade. I have not done IVF because no one local does it. I do, however, know the disappointment following a failed cycle. I am here for you!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyDust77
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM

bump

Oregongirl40
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Yes. We did injectables last cycle and had 3 great follicles but didn't get pregnant. This cycle we did nothing...I am currently 2 days late for AF but I don't think I'm pregnant. Trying to hold out on testing as long as possible this time since we've had 3 M/C this year. Are you planning on trying IVF again or some other form of fertility? 

shelly69
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Well I am 42 & 5 weeks pregnant. I just had a blighted ovum in Dec. so I am very nervous of another loss :(

GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I'm 42 & ttc #3. I likely have polyps in my uterus, getting them removed Wednesday.
sekenvpip
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM

41 and this will be my 9th cycle ttc after quitting b/c pills ..... My cycles only recently started regulating about 3 cycles ago and my LP is finally getting longer ........ Went from 9-10 days to 13 days long now so I'm happy

I should be getting AF any minute now cuz my temp was low today, but today is 12 DPO so I'm hoping she'll at least hold out till tomorrow ...... Wednesday would be even better cuz that will be 14 DPO then

I go in for "biological clock testing" (my doc calls it) on the 3rd day of my period to see if everything's good to go in there and if my eggs are even viable so I'm very nervous and scared about that =/

stepof1090
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Thanks for the reply, I am trying to hold on...b/c of my age, I am afraid it will not happen. WOW trying to conceive for over a decade...HOw do you stay sane?? I just feel like this is the only chance I will have. I will try three cycles of IVF and then not sure may give up. Can u go somewhere else for IVF?? Just hate to see you have to suffer when you can do IVF and probably get prego. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I am pissed at myself for waiting so long for ivf but my health insurance would not have covered it if i were not married.  Just got married for the 3rd time on Dec 31, 2011. I guess all we can do is wish and wait. This sucks.... Thanks, Gina

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)