• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage last July, TTC again!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hello to all! I am new to this blog. I was actually wondering if anyone has any advice or success stories of taking Provera and Clomid.  I am on my first dose of Provera, and have 3 days left of it, then I will be taking my first dose of Clomid, and I am wondering what to expect. Any advice is appreciated :) Thank you! 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM
The only side effect I had with Clomid was hot flashes. Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJL86
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Last year I did 3 cycles of 50 mg clomid and then 3 cycles of 100 mg clomid.  I did get pregnant on the last cycle of 100 mg but that resulted in a miscarriage.  In January, we started the clomid again and I am back at 100 mg.  

I have experienced hot flashed and EXTREME mood swings.  Everything is completely blown out of proportion and it makes me feel crazy.  The best way I can explain it is that I feel like I have a freight train that is stuck in my body and going a million miles an hour trying to get out.  For me, acknowledging that I am reacting to something in a way I normally wouldn't helps me to keep it in check.  I also have to jump on the treadmill and walk or run until I get rid of my emotions!!!  :)

I would advise you to use OPKs while you are on clomid.  The first time I was on clomid, my doctor didn't tell me to use OPKs.  It could have been that my body still didn't ovulate on 50 mg and so then those 3 months were almost wasted time (and the emotions were still building up).  Even though it gets expensive, get the OPKs and test until you get a positive.  If you don't they will probably up your dosage.  Good luck!!!

BabyDust77
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)