Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Lesbian couple TTC *UPDATE* 3.23.12

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok so I've got 2 previous posts abt me n my gf ttc! I ended up starting my cycle, so no bfp for me/us. WELL my gf inseminated last night n everything went well. She has no kids, but claims my 10 yr old as hers. I have this gut feeling this is it for her/us!! Mainly because I know she's fertile n her periods come faithful EVERY month, doesn't skip a beat. Also, she's never been wit a guy so I'm sure her hormones are like going baby crazy lol. Well, as I said I inseminated her (her donor is a good friend of hers). Today she tells me she had a dream last night she/we had a baby girl, n tha dream she was giving birth. She also told me today she feels weird like not n a bad way but she really can't explain it but just feels weird. I told her that probably means she's pregnant!! She's never had dreams like that about her (friends of her's maybe) but never her! I know it's only been a day, but I think it's so adorable :)
Anyway, hoping we get our BPF n a few weeks!!! Wat do u ladies think about her dream n weird feeling?? Have any of y'all had any dreams like that b4 getting ur bfp? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
LJC6780
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Thanks! It's nice to see someone else with something in common!

Quoting LadyJRB:

Thank u!! :) it's nice to see someone say something nice. Good luck wit y'all. :)

Quoting LJC6780:

This is OT but DW and I are also TTC.. we are using frozen donor sperm via IUI at the fertility clinic.. possibly if it doesn't happen the next 1 or 2 times we will start the IVF process.. :-)

here's my journal if you are interested..

Good luck.. hope you get your BFP!

LJC6780
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:25 AM
5 moms liked this

Why should it matter to you? The title actually is the reason I clicked! I too am TTC without a man.. it's nice to find someone with something in common as most of you that are TTC have the luxury of trying whenever you want.. where those of us that are using a donor are quite a bit more limited..

I get 1 shot per month.. if we miss it, we have to wait til the next month.. no trying every day during the fertile period.. it's a whole added stressor.. it's just nice to find someone else with similar issues..

On top of already being stressed over TTC, she doesn't need your snarky rude comments.. that doesn't help anyone!

:-) I hope you have good luck too.. (see how easy that was..) :-)

Quoting NoraDun:

Only when people feel the need to profile themselves

Quoting LJC6780:

Snarky much?

Quoting NoraDun:

Oh Ok, I probably should start saying I am a white woman married to a man in my title.  Its no ones business what you are or aren't...just wonder why when people in a normal realtionship don't specify it but when lesbians post they alway seem to announce it. Anyway thanks for clarifying! I certainly think i should start doing the same, I would hate for someone to mistake me for being gay. KWIM Anyway good luck hope you and your girl get your kid soon

Quoting LadyJRB:

Because we are! I don't want ppl thinking I'm with a man, because if I didn't announce that then everyone reading this would think me n my 'husband'... I don't want ppl thinking I'm something I'm not.

Quoting NoraDun:

Good Luck...I hope this doesn't sound rude because it isn't meant to be...but why do you announce your a lesian couple??

wkukid
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:32 AM
5 moms liked this
Wow, some people manage to turn a really exciting post into a bad one. I had my iui done 2 days ago, this is our 3rd iui and, we have 3 more before we go to ivf too. I'm hoping I get pregnant before then because I'm kinda scared of ivf. I wish you good luck!
JamieMN
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:44 AM
4 moms liked this

FWIW, I think in a TTC post, letting us know that she is part of a lesbian couple is important. The TTC process is different than for a straight couple. The title is what made me interested because it's different than what I'm going through. Anyway, to the OP, good luck and baby dust to you!

baby dust

Quoting LadyJRB:

Because we are! I don't want ppl thinking I'm with a man, because if I didn't announce that then everyone reading this would think me n my 'husband'... I don't want ppl thinking I'm something I'm not.

Quoting NoraDun:

Good Luck...I hope this doesn't sound rude because it isn't meant to be...but why do you announce your a lesian couple??

LadyJRB
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Luv it n ur so right!!!! Thanx alot :)

Quoting LJC6780:

Why should it matter to you? The title actually is the reason I clicked! I too am TTC without a man.. it's nice to find someone with something in common as most of you that are TTC have the luxury of trying whenever you want.. where those of us that are using a donor are quite a bit more limited..

I get 1 shot per month.. if we miss it, we have to wait til the next month.. no trying every day during the fertile period.. it's a whole added stressor.. it's just nice to find someone else with similar issues..

On top of already being stressed over TTC, she doesn't need your snarky rude comments.. that doesn't help anyone!

:-) I hope you have good luck too.. (see how easy that was..) :-)

Quoting NoraDun:

Only when people feel the need to profile themselves

Quoting LJC6780:

Snarky much?

Quoting NoraDun:

Oh Ok, I probably should start saying I am a white woman married to a man in my title.  Its no ones business what you are or aren't...just wonder why when people in a normal realtionship don't specify it but when lesbians post they alway seem to announce it. Anyway thanks for clarifying! I certainly think i should start doing the same, I would hate for someone to mistake me for being gay. KWIM Anyway good luck hope you and your girl get your kid soon

Quoting LadyJRB:

Quoting NoraDun:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyJRB
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Aww thank u so much!! :-)

Quoting JamieMN:

FWIW, I think in a TTC post, letting us know that she is part of a lesbian couple is important. The TTC process is different than for a straight couple. The title is what made me interested because it's different than what I'm going through. Anyway, to the OP, good luck and baby dust to you!

baby dust

Quoting LadyJRB:

Quoting NoraDun:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LJC6780
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I'm not scared of IVF.. I'd actually like to try it next BUT it's quite a bit more expensive even with the insurance and I've been on Metformin for a couple months and lost about 14 lbs (hoping to lose some more before we try again) so I think our chances could be increased and the Dr even thinks at least 1 more round (if not 2) of IUI are acceptable before IVF..

We hope to start actively trying again around June/July.. hopefully I can lose another 10-15lbs before then!

Good luck! I hope this IUI was the one for you! Are you using fresh or frozen sperm?

Quoting wkukid:

Wow, some people manage to turn a really exciting post into a bad one. I had my iui done 2 days ago, this is our 3rd iui and, we have 3 more before we go to ivf too. I'm hoping I get pregnant before then because I'm kinda scared of ivf. I wish you good luck!

wkukid
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting LJC6780:

Our insurance will cover the ivf completely, only after we have done 6 Iui's. They determined I'm going to have a difficult time conceiving without fertility assistance because of my cycle, but even with that I still have to wait and do the cycles. With clomid, estrogen, and hcg they finally have me to a point where a egg might have a chance, but buying the sperm each month and testing the different fertility drugs gets expensive.
Hopeful_Gam
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my sorry for the rudeness of others. I hope you and your gf the best of luck, FX this is I for you both!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wantstobeamum22
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey, ill just like to say good luck to both of u and i hope u get ur BFP :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)